The things you do for your kids

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

what about going guarantour for a loan for your kids first car insurance and car and then he looses his part time job and cant afford to pay ye back weekly and ye end up spending 3 years sorting it out ....ohh that was fun lol..but at least he got the freedom to go places with his girlfriend and enjoy the summers ,and be dry in the winters lol

I know your pain lol

• Haha 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I, d walk out on a funeral, or a days work in the blink of an eye and drive the length or breadth of the country if my kids phoned me for help, and my youngest is 24, but it's the job I took on and th

Fukcing kids they just bleed you dry until nothing is left except a shrivelled up husk of what you were ???

You dont know how much they mean to you until you loose one lost my grandson a few years ago to a rare liver disease only 11 or 12 cases around the world  and they only live until there

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

what about going guarantour for a loan for your kids first car insurance and car and then he looses his part time job and cant afford to pay ye back weekly and ye end up spending 3 years sorting it out ....ohh that was fun lol..but at least he got the freedom to go places with his girlfriend and enjoy the summers ,and be dry in the winters lol

I feel for my parents.

When i left school i had a well paid job and the banks were giving me credit cards left,right and centre.a 2000,2500 and a 5000.i soon maxed them out.my mum bless her paid it all off and i moved to barclays...and done the exact same thing.by 25 i was £30,000 in debt to my mum and dad.

Happy to say now i paid most of it back now.maybe another 1000 but to be honest i aint really got a clue.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ginger beard said:

I feel for my parents.

When i left school i had a well paid job and the banks were giving me credit cards left,right and centre.a 2000,2500 and a 5000.i soon maxed them out.my mum bless her paid it all off and i moved to barclays...and done the exact same thing.by 25 i was £30,000 in debt to my mum and dad.

Happy to say now i paid most of it back now.maybe another 1000 but to be honest i aint really got a clue.

Most kids haven't got a clue about finances,all that "Free" money on offer small wonder loads end up in debt,they should teach personal finances in school.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, mackem said:

Most kids haven't got a clue about finances,all that "Free" money on offer small wonder loads end up in debt,they should teach personal finances in school.

Teaching about money should be taught in school , same as a little about politics. Also think for the kids that are obviously not accademicly minded there should be something in place about work in the outside world.  Never taught us any of this 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ginger beard said:

I feel for my parents.

Ask them if they’ll adopt me bud ?. Atb

1 hour ago, ginger beard said:

I honestly don't know where i'd be without mum and dad.

Ashamed to say even now sometimes i'd go to her if i wanted a loan.

I believe if it wasn't for the support my mum and dad give me I would be dead..no doubt about it.i dread the day when they go.f**k they put up with some shit.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Ashamed to say even now sometimes i'd go to her if i wanted a loan.

I remember when I first started working,i got home one night and once again the leccy had been cut off for non-payment of bills,i paid the bill and the power was turned back on,how does a 17 year old kid explain to irresponsible "adults" that cash shouldn't be spent immediately on fags and booze if you have a household to run and kids to provide for and they should learn to budget,you were lucky with your parents.

• Like 6

My wife had it harder than I did when she was young . Poor family , no money . Her mum had to get her clothes from jumble sales and hand me downs . She says she remembers the feeling of shame and embarrassment because her jumper had holes in it and her socks were loose and fell down . So she has this thing about our kids having the best clothes, best trainers best of everything. I can’t blame her . We all want our kids to have what we didn’t . And the thing is people can do it now , there is more money about . But kids will still love you if you say “no” once in a while . In my opinion, “no you can’t have that “ or “no I’m not taking you there “ , are words that should be said to kids more often . I’ve got grandchildren now , and my daughter is spoiling her kids rotten, they are sulky and sullen brats who kick off if they don’t get what they want . It is possible to love your grand kids , but not necessarily like them . 

• Like 9
34 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

My wife had it harder than I did when she was young . Poor family , no money . Her mum had to get her clothes from jumble sales and hand me downs . She says she remembers the feeling of shame and embarrassment because her jumper had holes in it and her socks were loose and fell down . So she has this thing about our kids having the best clothes, best trainers best of everything. I can’t blame her . We all want our kids to have what we didn’t . And the thing is people can do it now , there is more money about . But kids will still love you if you say “no” once in a while . In my opinion, “no you can’t have that “ or “no I’m not taking you there “ , are words that should be said to kids more often . I’ve got grandchildren now , and my daughter is spoiling her kids rotten, they are sulky and sullen brats who kick off if they don’t get what they want . It is possible to love your grand kids , but not necessarily like them . 

I wouldn't go as far as to say we were poor when I was a kid because I know loads had to ten times worse but I used to get second hand clothes . Remember my mum coming home with few bin bags of clothes and me and my brother would rummage through looking for stuff . Like I said , I'd loath to call us poor because we had roof over our heads , decent meals etc.  But I do remember all my mates having new season football kits all the time , used to have the prem badge on the sleeves and stuff like that. I never got football tops , got a few hooky ones a friend of my mum brought back from Spain for me but you could see they were awefull fakes . I wouldn't say I got grief from mates about it but id did gut me a bit inside when friends would be discussing what names they'd have on the back and things like that . Biggest gut punch feeling I remember was my mum saying to me when she seen me in town with my mates "when you come home I've got a man utd top for you " . Went straight home and it was about 4 / 5 years old . Didn't really matter much to me but the smirks and giggles from others was a bit shitty . I never had Nike/Adidas or anything branded ever, used to be gola or random cheap shir . Bought my first pair of Nike's 2 years ago and im now 34 . Ill be the first to admit I spoil my kids . They wear Nike trainers as stsndard

• Like 2

I was a little c u n t  growing up on the estate with mates,most of us when young you could see are socks threw the holes of are trainees,makes me think now how hard it must of been for my mum bringing three kids up with no job,but guess what we was always happy enjoyed everyday doing most things young lads do,but 32 years an 2 kids later makes me try my best to provide for my 2 lads the best I can.thats life and a good one ??

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Teaching about money should be taught in school , same as a little about politics. Also think for the kids that are obviously not accademicly minded there should be something in place about work in the outside world.  Never taught us any of this 

True but this is now one of those classic parent moments. They're never going to teach kids those things in school so we have to do it. You'll be surprised how quickly they pick it up too. It's well worth the time.

• Like 2

I suppose it’s a generation thing , at pushing seventy now my parents didn’t do running us about even though the old fella had a car ,plenty of people never , he wasn’t on tap to drive us anywhere . If we wanted to go we went on the bus , bike or walked and on the odd occasion he did drop us off it was only because he was going that way ..As we got older the bank of mum & dad had wierd opening times , so wierd me and my brother never did suss them out . Both my parents worked all there lives , they owned there own house which they rightly left to my sister who looked after them in there old age , sadly she died shortly after them and her son at twenty one inherited the lot , which he promptly cashed in and cut loose with ...sadly he also inherited his dads lack of work , drive or ambition to do anything but have an easy life ..

My kids had way more in the way of taxi service , clothes and holidays but times had changed , same as there kids now have more than they did . My grandchildren have travelled more , seen and done more than I have by a country mile thanks to there parents who have both worked from day one on leaving education , never asked for a penny and built there own lives on there hard graft . They were both brought up on if you want something extra  , you have to earn it . They had chores from an early age as did me and my brother , the difference being my old fella never paid us ! Both my kids own there houses , my son at forty one has just gone mortgage free , my daughter has recently been made a partner in her city firm and earns more in a week than I ever earned in a month of Sunday’s ..I like to think the best thing I gave them was the will and vision to get out and earn your there own life ..

• Like 9