The things you do for your kids

So Tuesday night was my night.

Me and my brother, watches Queens of the Stone Age at the Eden Project.. England game on, few beers, great gig, camp out... perfect..

Well last night was my 10 year old daughters night..

My Mrs booked her tickets to Little Mix for a Christmas present..  in Hove, Sussex ffs...

Taxi man Dad it was then, just over 4 and half hours up to there, couldn't park, my wife, daughter and her friend all.go in whilst I drive around looking for a parking space, I get in there around 8-30, all over by 9-30...

In the car, everyone asleep in half an hour.. a nice 5 hour journey home...

The things you do for kids eh!! Lol

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I, d walk out on a funeral, or a days work in the blink of an eye and drive the length or breadth of the country if my kids phoned me for help, and my youngest is 24, but it's the job I took on and th

Fukcing kids they just bleed you dry until nothing is left except a shrivelled up husk of what you were ???

You dont know how much they mean to you until you loose one lost my grandson a few years ago to a rare liver disease only 11 or 12 cases around the world  and they only live until there

I, d walk out on a funeral, or a days work in the blink of an eye and drive the length or breadth of the country if my kids phoned me for help, and my youngest is 24, but it's the job I took on and the contract has no end date, after 30 odd years of doing it the rewards are still worth it  and a week don't go by they don't do something to remind me how worth it my sacrifices have been, your still paying in mate but in ten years time when they are rescuing you from the local when your to drunk to get home or something simular you,ll realise why you did it and how lucky you are, enjoy it while it lasts ??

• Like 15
14 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I, d walk out on a funeral, or a days work in the blink of an eye and drive the length or breadth of the country if my kids phoned me for help, and my youngest is 24, but it's the job I took on and the contract has no end date, after 30 odd years of doing it the rewards are still worth it  and a week don't go by they don't do something to remind me how worth it my sacrifices have been, your still paying in mate but in ten years time when they are rescuing you from the local when your to drunk to get home or something simular you,ll realise why you did it and how lucky you are, enjoy it while it lasts ??

I know that mate, they come first as is the same with any decent parent.. 

I'm just setting the eldest and her boyfriend up in a place, they were gonna make a few mistakes but we talked about it, and they saw sense, I'm now happy to help....I've certainly realised you never stop parenting!!

Loved the excitement of the little one and her mate last night, they took it in turns on my shoulders.. backs f****d today lol....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

They great when the kids but when they get over 30!they a fkn nuisance ?

Be better when they are over 30,then they wont need an account with the bank of dad.

• Like 1

Took mine to the local agricultural show this morning..... Probably there 4 hrs spent £100 on over priced bouncy castles, fancy burgers, shooting gallery, pony and quad rides?‍♂️the 3 of em were happy as a pig in shit lol, wouldn't change it for the world......Mrs is in work till 10 this evening then I'm off out for a barbel lol....... Get home and have Sunday at the beach, bar b que and fun in the sea..... Living the dream boys, living the dream ??

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Took mine to the local agricultural show this morning..... Probably there 4 hrs spent £100 on over priced bouncy castles, fancy burgers, shooting gallery, pony and quad rides?‍♂️the 3 of em were happy as a pig in shit lol, wouldn't change it for the world......Mrs is in work till 10 this evening then I'm off out for a barbel lol....... Get home and have Sunday at the beach, bar b que and fun in the sea..... Living the dream boys, living the dream ??

Just hold back their pocket money until their chores cover what you spent ??? 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, NEWKID said:

So Tuesday night was my night.

Me and my brother, watches Queens of the Stone Age at the Eden Project.. England game on, few beers, great gig, camp out... perfect..

Well last night was my 10 year old daughters night..

My Mrs booked her tickets to Little Mix for a Christmas present..  in Hove, Sussex ffs...

Taxi man Dad it was then, just over 4 and half hours up to there, couldn't park, my wife, daughter and her friend all.go in whilst I drive around looking for a parking space, I get in there around 8-30, all over by 9-30...

In the car, everyone asleep in half an hour.. a nice 5 hour journey home...

The things you do for kids eh!! Lol

Had you given Jeeves the night off lol

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

The problem with kids these days is that most people are trying to be their kids 'mate' instead of being their fecking PARENT...!

Nail on the head there. :thumbs::thumbs:

7 minutes ago, twobob said:

Had you given Jeeves the night off lol

No mate, he took Fin to Latin class last night....

In Rome lol

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

The problem with kids these days is that most people are trying to be their kids 'mate' instead of being their fecking PARENT...!

?????