Non working dogs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better off in pet homes than the dog's home or the merry go round.

If they're happy,healthy and cared for does it really matter??I don't think so...what does chap my arse is the idiots with lurchers or terriers banging on about how much stuff the dogs done when clear

Still better off than half the poor c**ts that belong to so called dog men and spend half of the winter and the whole of the summer locked in a pen with the only human contact being a couple of minute

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Yup, its always a sad sight for me, a majestic running dog being walked by some daft doo gooder, wearing a fecking harness and a muzzel (because its a hunting dog!) and the poor cnut is being walked down country lanes (because its a hunting dog!!) Without ever getting the chance to 'go'.....

And do you know who's fault that is... Ours!! For breeding far too much shite...

Sickens me....

Couldn't agree more bosun there's a swampy type lives near me with a broken coated bitch looks like she could be a handy sort only a year old  he got her from a lad that use to do a bit but works away now never been of the lead in case she murders a little animal in his words or in case she attacks another dog I tried explaining she needs to run and needs that mental stimulation of being able to run free and playing with other dogs enjoying  the scents etc  his answer can't risk it I tried telling him  I asked him would you keep a race horse boxed in all day without ever letting it run you would because it fecking cruel and same applys to having that dog on a lead constantly crying shame seeing it 

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 4

Am all for some of them haveing pet home to tell the truth some of them make the best pets it's some times a shame when see a dog that looks the part in a pet home but what can  you do lol I would never give an ex working dog to a pet home iv done it twice and one time one was found dead on the motorway and the other was found starving to deth in a pheasant pen 

Back in the day,... I only saw one route for a working dog that was unsuitable for the task, for which it was bred,..and I acted accordingly,...:yes:

However,...in later years, I have made it my goal to seek out suitable pet /companion homes for these poor unfortunates that,...through no fault of their own, just could not cut the mustard. In doing so, you have to vet the future homes extremely carefully,...no point in jumping out of the fire into the frying pan, kinda thing..plus, if there is an obvious unsolvable mental or physical problem with a jukel, it is cruel to pass that issue onto an innocent party,..you have to be adult regarding such things..Luckily, in most cases, these animals have gone on to lead long and happy, fruitful lives, frequently providing their new owners with lots of good times and enjoyment. Obviously, this is a personal decision on my part,..and it is something that I have grown into...

Close pals think me soft,... serious lurcher men tell me, that I have lost the plot,... perhaps they are right...?

1997099758__MG_7818(2).thumb.JPG.d824b7c8df25b521da022549a6d8dfbc.JPG

• Like 8

Nail on the head Phil its finding suitable homes that suit or doing right by the dog I don't have a problem with pet homes some are better of than in some working homes  it's the fact they get a lurcher then are frightened to even let them of to run why own such a dog then just to walk it on a lead all the time they do make fantastic pets in the right hands a old lad near me sadly no longer with us always had one he was out hill walking most days with his dogs wouldn't of had any other choice of dog but his were always allowed to run he never worked them just allowed them some freedom  unlike swampy that's what gripes me having such a dog that will probably never have a gallop because of a numpty who doesn't understand the needs of his dog or any dog for that matter 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Back in the day,... I only saw one route for a working dog that was unsuitable for the task, for which it was bred,..and I acted accordingly,...:yes:

However,...in later years, I have made it my goal to seek out suitable pet /companion homes for these poor unfortunates that,...through no fault of their own, just could not cut the mustard. In doing so, you have to vet the future homes extremely carefully,...no point in jumping out of the fire into the frying pan, kinda thing..plus, if there is an obvious unsolvable mental or physical problem with a jukel, it is cruel to pass that issue onto an innocent party,..you have to be adult regarding such things..Luckily, in most cases, these animals have gone on to lead long and happy, fruitful lives, frequently providing their new owners with lots of good times and enjoyment. Obviously, this is a personal decision on my part,..and it is something that I have grown into...

Close pals think me soft,... serious lurcher men tell me, that I have lost the plot,... perhaps they are right...?

1997099758__MG_7818(2).thumb.JPG.d824b7c8df25b521da022549a6d8dfbc.JPG

Dont see it as Soft or Loosing the Plot Phil. I see it as responsible dog ownership. As you say not dogs fault fault if it dont make grade. Atb

• Like 6
16 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Sounds like me at 39?love the Mrs and kids but by f**k I enjoy my time out with the dogs too, wont ever be without 1 or 2 no matter how bad things get?your a lucky man to have an Oldman that's still keen as you..... Long may it continue ?

Thanks very much.yea long may it continue .hopefully dogs will be in the family long after were all gone.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Shovel shy said:

Thanks very much.yea long may it continue .hopefully dogs will be in the family long after were all gone.

i think  when you been around  lurchers, terriers  for 30 odd years like my self , it be very hard to not continue  doing so . funny thing is it been on my mind of late  , i am 66 in 2 weeks, old Bryn 11 in sep , Buck 6 in august , so really in 5 years both these dogs could be dead from old age. now i be  71 then lol , now i am still fit and quite keen , still lamp Buck once a week , and mooch every day for couple hours. i have thought when them have gone should i get another lurcher , i like 1x beddy x grey  make good dog not to big, and ok for bit of lamping and mooching  in the day, i would deff like one but would i be to hold to start again in 5 years time, or should forget it  .??

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

See nearer time ray but if your fit enough do it stops you lounging round the house and gives you motivation to get out in the fresh air and keep fit  plus your not under your good lady's feet all day  it's your blood ray 

spot on     mate,  i dont think i can get it out my system   haha  , i did speak the other day to a old bloke , who was fookin 82  lol , he got labx  , and waled it every day for a hour or so , it was rescue  dog   it was 4 when he got it had it 2 years. i told him that i like a 1x beddy x grey  when these 2 dogs of mine had  died , and thought i might be to old . he said bollox  , you look very fit  and strong now , he said that dont leave  you  really, he said 30 years lamping dogs prob done that for you . you couldnt sit at home all day looking at the telly , he said when old Bryn gone , you should look for a 1x beddy x grey pup , you only pass this way once , and he right really  , so that what i will do near the time .!!

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, bird said:

spot on     mate,  i dont think i can get it out my system   haha  , i did speak the other day to a old bloke , who was fookin 82  lol , he got labx  , and waled it every day for a hour or so , it was rescue  dog   it was 4 when he got it had it 2 years. i told him that i like a 1x beddy x grey  when these 2 dogs of mine had  died , and thought i might be to old . he said bollox  , you look very fit  and strong now , he said that dont leave  you  really, he said 30 years lamping dogs prob done that for you . you couldnt sit at home all day looking at the telly , he said when old Bryn gone , you should look for a 1x beddy x grey pup , you only pass this way once , and he right really  , so that what i will do near the time .!!

Supprised he dint get reported whaling it for an hour a day cruel c**t him

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

i think  when you been around  lurchers, terriers  for 30 odd years like my self , it be very hard to not continue  doing so . funny thing is it been on my mind of late  , i am 66 in 2 weeks, old Bryn 11 in sep , Buck 6 in august , so really in 5 years both these dogs could be dead from old age. now i be  71 then lol , now i am still fit and quite keen , still lamp Buck once a week , and mooch every day for couple hours. i have thought when them have gone should i get another lurcher , i like 1x beddy x grey  make good dog not to big, and ok for bit of lamping and mooching  in the day, i would deff like one but would i be to hold to start again in 5 years time, or should forget it  .??

Id go for it.if it gets u up and out and keeps the mind occupied it can only be a good thing.71 is not old these days

• Like 3
7 hours ago, DavoH66 said:

Am all for some of them haveing pet home to tell the truth some of them make the best pets it's some times a shame when see a dog that looks the part in a pet home but what can  you do lol I would never give an ex working dog to a pet home iv done it twice and one time one was found dead on the motorway and the other was found starving to deth in a pheasant pen 

How did they mistake it for a pheasant some folk are thick as f***ing pig

• Haha 2