Non working dogs

Around my neck of the woods i have seen a big increase in whippet owners, no doubt due to crufts.also a fair few lurchers with owners that will never work them. Seems a shame that the majestic lurcher and sight hounds will never get the chance to do what they were bred for.

• Like 2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better off in pet homes than the dog's home or the merry go round.

If they're happy,healthy and cared for does it really matter??I don't think so...what does chap my arse is the idiots with lurchers or terriers banging on about how much stuff the dogs done when clear

Still better off than half the poor c**ts that belong to so called dog men and spend half of the winter and the whole of the summer locked in a pen with the only human contact being a couple of minute

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, keepitcovert said:

Around my neck of the woods i have seen a big increase in whippet owners, no doubt due to crufts.also a fair few lurchers with owners that will never work them. Seems a shame that the majestic lurcher and sight hounds will never get the chance to do what they were bred for.

Well what can you do 

If they're happy,healthy and cared for does it really matter??I don't think so...what does chap my arse is the idiots with lurchers or terriers banging on about how much stuff the dogs done when clearly it's never seen more than a tennis ball ...

• Like 18
1 minute ago, northern lad said:

If they're happy,healthy and cared for does it really matter??I don't think so...what does chap my arse is the idiots with lurchers or terriers banging on about how much stuff the dogs done when clearly it's never seen more than a tennis ball ...

Hit the nail on the head mate.

• Like 1

It is a shame with the lurchers as they are probably from workers and are missing their vocation.Whippets I think if not worked are happy being lounge lizards,although they do need to stretch their legs.I can obviously see the attraction to these dogs by non hunting owners, but they will never witness them at their finest.

• Like 7

the rescue centre's are full of lurchers & I think its better they have a home as a pet where they are well looked after than be with some of the idiots in this game who you wouldn't trust to look after a stick insect.

• Like 10

I've had loads of folks asking me about my terriers and lurchers over the years when out walking them..... Always tell them the patterdales make shite pets get a Russel...... One lady I see has 5/6 rescue lurchers, greyhounds, salukis type things, no f***ing control over them whatsoever. 

There’s a young lurcher nearby don’t think they work it ,smooth coated saluki  type , no control it regularly fecks off in the park and turns up in our close as the owner was friends with the neighbour 3 doors down , it’s a liability as it goes for the cats round here . 

It’s one of the dogs that had the sons cat in our front garden at Easter time.

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

There’s a young lurcher nearby don’t think they work it ,smooth coated saluki  type , no control it regularly fecks off in the park and turns up in our close as the owner was friends with the neighbour 3 doors down , it’s a liability as it goes for the cats round here . 

It’s one of the dogs that had the sons cat in our front garden at Easter time.

i see few by me , one old lady got lovely  1x whippet x grey  bitch, about  23 in  a cracker, it 7 year old i think, dogs of the lead but quite well behaved , then another bloke got  6 lurchers   mainly  deerhound type xs  and small beddy type x , these donr go off the lead much.  But i have deff changed my mind about  about rescue lurchers , these good people give them nice home , affection , etc. if not for these type people  the dogs would be put down ,  old Bryn who 11  just a pet now, but the old bugger still hunts  in the day like he did when he was 2 year old , he could make nice rescue  type pet, Buck the same , but i dont think a novice type person could really keep him, he alway up to kill something , you have to watch him    deer , foxes, cats ,  he up for them, he pissed off few times   even with me who comes down on him when done it. these people would  be to soft with dog like him, he be night mare for them or be kept on a lead, which no life for a dog like him he 6 this year .

• Like 2