That’s it, Brexit is over

3 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Let's be honest here though, it's safe to say most people voted because of immigration. Will Brexit actually have any impact at all on that policy? It's no good reducing EU migrants yet letting in more from around the world.

No one minded skilled labour in any shape or form but that’s not wat has been arriving last few yrs is it 

• Like 1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lads, I'm lost with it all now..It's like the f***ing hokey hokey.. in, out, in out..blah blah blah... I think I've said it before...I've come from f**k all, worked my bollocks off and plan

Davis is from a bygone era , a dinosaur .. There is no place for men & women of his ilk in Parliament. Honesty & principals died out long ago , David Davis and his staff did the only thin

Boris the same one who said Brexit would be a disaster and he would oppose it. Well that was until he decided it would be a stepping stone into the top job so he supported Brexit.  He's a di

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

No one minded skilled labour in any shape or form but that’s not wat has been arriving last few yrs is it 

I don't think employers minded the influx of unskilled labour as well, maybe if we had got off our own arses and filled these positions in the first place then there would have been no jobs for the EU nationals? 

13 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Let's be honest here though, it's safe to say most people voted because of immigration. Will Brexit actually have any impact at all on that policy? It's no good reducing EU migrants yet letting in more from around the world.

Im not sure thats true. I think the main reason was being sick of having what is perceived as a foreign power dictate to us what were allowed to do.

Will immigration change? It could do. At the very least if brexit does return our sovereignty then we only have UK parliament to hold accountable, not the whole of Europe.

Just now, Born Hunter said:

Im not sure thats true. I think the main reason was being sick of having what is perceived as a foreign power dictate to us what were allowed to do.

Will immigration change? It could do. At the very least if brexit does return our sovereignty then we only have UK parliament to hold accountable, not the whole of Europe.

Well i do no it's true for the area I'm from, Facebook at the time was littered with posts about immigration. Don't you think it's worrying that the government running our country seems to have no idea themselves what's going to happen? It will be the working man that cops for it should it all go tits up that i do know.

Does the record ever change? We've been hearing all this for 2 years since remain lost the referendum. At least we won't be told how many people we have to let into the country. A lot of these sand people are EU nationals anyway. 

I don't care where they come from. One less coming over suits me just fine.

Make Britain Great again. Not a puppet of the EU.

2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I don't think employers minded the influx of unskilled labour as well, maybe if we had got off our own arses and filled these positions in the first place then there would have been no jobs for the EU nationals? 

Maybe if the labour market hadn't been flooded with individuals from societies with a lower standard of living then some of those employers would have been forced to raise salaries to remain competitive in line with market pressures.

Likewise some businesses would have simply become uneconomical which then requires government decision to allow it to die due to uncompetitiveness or allow cheap migrant labour in to full the need. The EU doesn't do either, they completely flood the Labour market!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Well i do no it's true for the area I'm from, Facebook at the time was littered with posts about immigration. Don't you think it's worrying that the government running our country seems to have no idea themselves what's going to happen? It will be the working man that cops for it should it all go tits up that i do know.

It's not ideal but I'm not worried. This is paradigm shifting for the world, never mind our establishment. Political changes of this scale aren't a flick of the switch, they take a long time to stabilise.

The inability of government to do much constructive is part of the reason I want out of an even bigger complicated political entity. We need simple for healthy democracy.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Maybe if the labour market hadn't been flooded with individuals from societies with a lower standard of living then some of those employers would have been forced to raise salaries to remain competitive in line with market pressures.

Likewise some businesses would have simply become uneconomical which then requires government decision to allow it to die due to uncompetitiveness or allow cheap migrant labour in to full the need. The EU doesn't do either, they completely flood the Labour market!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2016/may/11/eu-migrants-had-no-negative-effect-on-uk-wages-says-lse

3 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Mate, thanks for that but I really can't be arsed to read and criticise another paper.

And I'm not commenting on the claims in the article alone because they're probably misleading.

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Mate, thanks for that but I really can't be arsed to read and criticise another paper.

And I'm not commenting on the claims in the article alone because they're probably misleading.

That's what i feel like most of the time, can't be assed with it all. If I'm being honest I'm sick of hearing Brexit on the news. It is pretty telling though when none of us appears to have a clue what it all entails. I voted out by the way but i don't have high hopes for the Brexit it looks like we're going to get.

1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

That's what i feel like most of the time, can't be assed with it all. If I'm being honest I'm sick of hearing Brexit on the news. It is pretty telling though when none of us appears to have a clue what it all entails. I voted out by the way but i don't have high hopes for the Brexit it looks like we're going to get.

It's not all despair it looks like the brexiteers of the government have got some say in the direction of the brexit ship but there's still rough waters ahead to negotiate I think the EU are likely to reject whatever'sput forward then it will be down to us holding our nerve, I think we will see a much more accommodating EU in the last hour  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44854597

1 hour ago, BGD said:

Conservative party is being torn apart over Brexit so what's their plan to avoid May having to face a vote of no confidence?

"How about we knock off for summer early lads? There's not much going on here."

:no:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/989773/brexit-news-theresa-may-mps-summer-break-parliament

Lol the proverbial bad penny :laugh: how did the sex change go? :laugh:  I hope she's outted mate .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, kanny said:

Lol the proverbial bad penny :laugh: how did the sex change go? :laugh:  I hope she's outted mate .

Still hurts to sit down but on the plus side I've got a banging pair of tits :thumbs:

Honestly you have to sort of admire the sheer tenacity of the woman holding on for this long but surely she has to go now? This latest stunt is just pathetic and reeks of desperation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

Well i do no it's true for the area I'm from, Facebook at the time was littered with posts about immigration.

I don't believe that social media feeds are an accurate source. I had a chat with my aul fella about it and he didn't mention immigration once. It was purely about sovereignty to him and his social circle. Unelected bureaucrats came up a lot.

I'm sure some voted on immigration but the fact remains that Brexit won't change that. You have to modify the system that attracts large numbers of migrants in the first place.

• Like 1