1St time trout fishing tips

Alright lads,I'm going to trout fishery tomorrow, iv done bit of carp and pike fishing but never fished for trout. I'm hiring all the gear and bait from them I will be useing Maggot and worm as bait or anything you lot can suggest any tips would be much appreciated

Worm and maggot???? Who taught you anything about trout fishing.? That's poaching my friend. Trout need to be caught on the fly whether it be wet or dry, nymph or full bodied imitation, lure or otherwise. I think the only time you would use a worm is on a little stream or beck where it was impossible to present a fly. Only my humble opinion. I went this morning full of myself and to be honest caught nowt. This hot weather has sent them down, down, down. Anyway, good luck in your endeavours and as we say, 'Tight Lines'. Jok.

• Like 1

It's  fishery about an hour from me  they have a carp lake, fly lake and a bait and fly lake just no spinning . Had a cracking day it was abit hot for the trout so fished the shaded areas and undersome over hanging branches we stayed for about 3 hours and headed home to watch the footy and bbq some trout we ended the day on 5 I had 3 the missus had 2. 

Going for some carp tomorrow on a local lake 

IMG-20180707-WA0010.jpg

Edited by green dragon
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, green dragon said:

It's  fishery about an hour from me  they have a carp lake, fly lake and a bait and fly lake just no spinning . Had a cracking day it was abit hot for the trout so fished the shaded areas and undersome over hanging branches we stayed for about 3 hours and headed home to watch the footy and bbq some trout we ended the day on 5 I had 3 the missus had 2. 

Going for some carp tomorrow on a local lake 

IMG-20180707-WA0010.jpg

Nice one mate, ......they taste the same however you catch them......I was on a stream last week that normally holds only small brown trout but was surprised to grass a large silver trout ?....not sure what it was but am back up in that neck of the woods next week so will try fishing the shaded areas aswell...tight lines....

10 minutes ago, bell said:

Nice one mate, ......they taste the same however you catch them......I was on a stream last week that normally holds only small brown trout but was surprised to grass a large silver trout ?....not sure what it was but am back up in that neck of the woods next week so will try fishing the shaded areas aswell...tight lines....

Ye tasted spot on mate.  I just thort it's to hot in the open and I couldn't see anything moving  so fished between maby 2-7 footish off the bank. the lake is about an acre . I tryed a few baits Maggot,corn,redrobin pellet ,  but only the worm seemed to work I'll be heading back next week. good luck mate ? 

Edited by green dragon
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Get the hose on the garden for a bit an when all the bigger worms come up them stun them with a lollipop stick to stop em biting ye ?an throw em in a bait box full a moss, an then get hedgge hopping an find somebody with a compost heap full a branding for next week mate? or sneak some power bait in???

Iv got some power bait on the way haha  I'll have them flying out ?