Neighbour's dog left alone all day........

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a tough one BB. I'm in a similar situation at this end. The neighbours across the street have had their daughter and son in law move in with them. They're both early 20's, two toddlers an

Unfortunately,.this is not a rare situation...? Some folk thinks they need a dog around the place,.whereas in fact,...they don't have the time or the savvy to get the best out of a canine pal...

Find the dog a good home and tell them it ran away.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

One of our neighbour are a young couple, who have a Staffy X. Nice, friendly dog but..........they go out (separately) every day and leave the dog alone. He's in a suitably sized cage, has food and water, but they're gone for anything from 6 to 12 hours or more. It started as an hour or two (which I don't have an issue with), but now it's pretty much all day, everyday. They've stopped walking him and, when they're home, he's outside for a pee and straight back in - no more than a few minutes.

I've spoken to them, several times, suggesting that I've heard other neighbours talking about this - which I have - and their solution seems to be to give us their keys and ask us to let him out a few times during the day ! I've had strong words, laying the law down, but it just carries on. Today, she knocked at 10am and said she was going to the hospital, back around 6pm ! Who goes to the hospital for 8 hours FFS ? Last weekend, they left the keys on Friday morning and didn't come back until late Sunday night ! I'm pretty sure that if we said "no", they'd leave him anyway !

We've never fallen out, so I've nothing personal against them - my concern is solely for the dogs wellfare but, on the other hand, I know his fate, should the ArsePCA get their hands on him !

I'm not sure what to do, every approach I taken has failed. I don't actually want to get anyone into trouble, and I'm not even sure that any law has been broken, so who would help anyway ?

Any sensible ideas ?

Unfortunately,.this is not a rare situation...?

Some folk thinks they need a dog around the place,.whereas in fact,...they don't have the time or the savvy to get the best out of a canine pal...

My advice to you,...and you obviously do have a heart,...is to keep on, keeping on,...badger them at every opportunity,..be like a dripping tap....constant...?

Personally, I much prefer to see a dog pegged out on a good sensible chain with a box to get into out of the weather,..rather than locked away in solitary.

If you can educate these people, then all well and good,.if you cannot, .....well,  at least you have given it your best shot...?

_PHL9009.thumb.JPG.23db1c3def7809d3ae82803de202b2a4.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone use boarding kennels? I've never been that keen having seen others come back with kennel cough and mentally traumatised. I'm lucky in being able to have the dog with me most of the time at work and have a good kennel and run at home for when I can't, but it would be handy if I could get away a few weekends a year without the dog. Friends and well wishers are not keen to look after the dog for me because they know she's a fecker that'll be off over the fence looking for game the moment they turn their backs (even those used to lurchers) and I don't like to ask a favour anyway.

Sounds like they got the dog for the wrong reasons and the novelty has worn off.

There's usually a local dog walking agency/pet sitter in most areas now? Suggest that to them perhaps?

Cheers, D.

This fella was locked on a balcony in a tower block in a shit part of town for 9 months, before he was stolen by some well meaning person who then dumped him on someone else that lost interest after two minutes and he had a shed in a garden for the following 9 months, here he is three years on with his forever owner me,he first walked on grass at nearly 2 years old, so I agree with the first person to answer you,find him a good home and say he ran off, sadly it's the life of many dogs it's just not nice as its being shoved in your face and you clearly have more conscience than its owners, hope you find a happy ending 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Spent the first two years of his life in a cage for 12 hours a day

until we got him .

my wife walked in and say,d to the lad how long dose he spend in there every day

12 hours until i get back from work was his reply

she turned to me and say,d put him in the car

when we got home she told me to cut the door off the cage

i did but soon it was the chair that he liked and that was his for 11 years

until we had to put him to sleep

cancer in his back end .

Not the lads fault,,,marriage brake up ,,,and his shifts at work

dog had food and water and was in good health  

why dont you offer to take him off there hands then find it a good home

looks like you have more to do with it than they do any way

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,,these pics were taken not long before he had to be put to sleep

HARDEST FECKING THING IV HAD TO DO

P190111_11.43.jpg

P190111_11.43_[02].jpg

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

until we got him .

my wife walked in and say,d to the lad how long dose he spend in there every day

cancer in his back end .

P190111_11.43.jpg

P190111_11.43_[02].jpg

Fairplay Mac.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

until we got him .

cancer in his back end .

P190111_11.43.jpg

P190111_11.43_[02].jpg

Mac, we've already got a houseful of dogs of our own, so there's only so much I can do, unfortunately. Also, he a Staffy X and the local rescues are already full of the poor sods !

• Like 1
3 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Their expecting him to look after it so I kind of makes it his business.

Then tell them bollocks not come on here whinging about it.If the come home to a load of piss and shit every day they'll probably get rid of it or maybe even take it for a walk.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Then tell them bollocks not come on here whinging about it.If the come home to a load of piss and shit every day they'll probably get rid of it or maybe even take it for a walk.

If it wasn't for people coming on here whinging the site would be like a ghost town.

• Haha 2