National firearms licensing times

The  whole situation is a crock of rubbish.  Starting with the feos who make it up as they go along,  The guidelines, ( who decided what the guidelines should be ? ) ( such as,  a 22 rf isn't suitable to shoot Fox with ) .  The differential in times that it takes for different counties to issue or amend certs even though they might be right next to each other. The fact that some counties just issue out S7s like toilet paper and dont issue complete certs for months to years. This has the effect that virtually stops you shooting /using your guns. BASC ARE A JOKE. A useless bloated organisation that are high on propaganda and  poor on actually doing anything constructive.  If they were any use the situation regarding the on going delays and nonsense regarding  certificates would have been addressed a long time ago. 

11 minutes ago, Meece said:

The  whole situation is a crock of rubbish.  Starting with the feos who make it up as they go along,  The guidelines, ( who decided what the guidelines should be ? ) ( such as,  a 22 rf isn't suitable to shoot Fox with ) .  The differential in times that it takes for different counties to issue or amend certs even though they might be right next to each other. The fact that some counties just issue out S7s like toilet paper and dont issue complete certs for months to years. This has the effect that virtually stops you shooting /using your guns. BASC ARE A JOKE. A useless bloated organisation that are high on propaganda and  poor on actually doing anything constructive.  If they were any use the situation regarding the on going delays and nonsense regarding  certificates would have been addressed a long time ago. 

I would guardedly agree with most of that but the latest Home Office Guide suggests .22RF IS suitable for fox in certain circumstances (short range). 

Why they need to qualify it is beyond me, isn't that the same with every gun/calibre, you only use it within its effective range!?

:thumbs:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Meece said:

5 hours ago, Deker said:

I would guardedly agree with most of that but the latest Home Office Guide suggests .22RF IS suitable for fox in certain circumstances (short range). 

Why they need to qualify it is beyond me, isn't that the same with every gun/calibre, you only use it within its effective range!?

:thumbs:

Years ago a 22 rf was considered a powerful tool to fox. In fact eley recomended 32 grm #4 shot out of a shotgun for fox, althouh I tend to use 36 #3 in r/h and 36 bb in L/H .  Centrefires were not common because foxes were the domain of the hunt.  I've  shot far more foxes with 22 rf than I have done with my 223 of 243.  

One of the faults with any of this is the fact that any of the language is open to individual interpretation.  The feos just come out with any old nonsense as they think they will and an awful lot of those that are applying just take it and slowly these things become the accepted norm. Basic have never got to grips with the concept of standing up for the members who pay their wages and really ripping plod a spare porthole. I used to be a member of basc up until the one time that I needed a bit of help and support about an application. I was told not to rock the boat and to defer my extra slot weapon application for a later date ! Perhaps give it six months to a year. Seeing as I was well within reason to acquire I  told the basc bloke where he could resite the crap quarterly mag and let my membership lapse. I told the department that my applicaton stood as is and that I would appeal a slot refusal. I got what I  applied for without a problem.  Basic are just there as an icon. No use to man nor beast.   Most people that I know who are members are only in it for the insurance cover. This can be got from cc3  for about £30

Edited by Meece

well my licence runs out today.emailed them last week and was told my feo would contact me asap.nothing.so from tomorrow does it mean i can no longer use my guns and am i now holding my firearms illegally ?as i understand it i should be issued with a tempory licence is that correct ?