The terriers and terriermen of Ireland!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not just get dogs from guys over here? To hell with the PED. Go out with guys and hunt, if you like their stuff get a dog. If the dog turns out great, if not so be it.    I knew no one w

Anyone that wants to see a other man's dog fail a dig shouldn't be in the game.

The working of terriers in Ireland has gone too money mad I reckon. I can remember a time when almost everyone in the game was willing to gift a pup or help a lad out but not anymore there is so much

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

its a peddlers paradise out there,    in this game you're in the know or you are a mushroom most overseas buyers are treated like mushrooms 

33 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

its a peddlers paradise out there,    in this game you're in the know or you are a mushroom most overseas buyers are treated like mushrooms 

Yep,  the Europeans are quick to suck our money only to feed us shit and keep us in the dark.. I agree

23 minutes ago, Jambalaya said:

Yep,  the Europeans are quick to suck our money only to feed us shit and keep us in the dark.. I agree

but even when you are warned do you take any notice or advice  No , and since you don't you go ahead and contact the aforementioned author and he will sell you the BESTFUCKINGBLACKDOGS  in the world   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Glyn..... said:

True but the american peddlers have done exactly the same to lads over here with certain breeds.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

but even when you are warned do you take any notice or advice  No , and since you don't you go ahead and contact the aforementioned author and he will sell you the BESTFUCKINGBLACKDOGS  in the world   

Ya might even get a ped with the dog lol.

On 11/07/2018 at 19:41, Tarw mawr said:

I wouldn't know where to start with all that tbh mate so no I had to take a loss

Don't know how long ago you ordered the book but it's very easy to get your money back with paypal, all you have to do is open a claim within 180 days, i did the same and got my money back of johnny con thanks to paypal.

• Like 1
On 13/07/2018 at 14:47, Jambalaya said:

Why not just get dogs from guys over here? To hell with the PED. Go out with guys and hunt, if you like their stuff get a dog. If the dog turns out great, if not so be it. 

I knew no one with dogs. Called a random guy near me and he took me out. Showed me his dogs. Explained their faults and what he liked. Explained why he bred what he did. Couldn’t ask for more. Since I’ve met a few other guys who have been nothing but help. 

Just work your dogs. If you do that the rest will fall into place

• Like 17

That sounds like an honest comment from a decent fella Yankee, too rare these days when all you hear is this dog done this and this dog done that and stayed for so long bla bla bla, there's nothing wrong with saying this dog failed or that dog did this wrong because anyone with any experience can smell the bullshit a mile away and you'll be found out. If any of my dogs failed, so what!!! it's no big deal I'll just move on.

• Like 8

The working of terriers in Ireland has gone too money mad I reckon. I can remember a time when almost everyone in the game was willing to gift a pup or help a lad out but not anymore there is so much jealousy in the game now that the fun is gone out of it. I used to dig with lads from all over and if a dog worked we'll everyone was happy but if a dog failed we'll you just carried on regardless but nowadays some lads would love to see other lads dogs f**k up. I like to see other men's dogs work as it gets boring digging your own all the time so something different is a nice change. Their was some good lads in the book that do a he'll of a lot of digging and more that do a bit but everyone to their own some may not have as much time as others or have access to as much digging. I myself and the men I dig with try to get out as much as possible and we put plenty of work in front of our dogs which makes for a good terrier I believe the more it see's the better it gets.the book to me was much like a dog show a bit of fun nothing to take serious as the field is where a good terrier proves its worth.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

As to the failing bit fat man I agree and is the reason I no longer travel to invites .Went to Wales this season just gone to use my Holly bitch and was lulled into a false sense of  security .My fault entirely as I took the man's word but 4.2 aint no joke at 3.30 in the afternoon .We passed up very run of the  mill places that looked no more than  1.5 deep in nice loam ,time was getting on , then I was shown a place on the flat that he said he'd dug many times at under a metre .The spoil should of rang alarm bells but never did  but the stupid grin on his face definitely did as the bitch slid away. He said she won't be long in as the f***ing thing gets dug weekly .The grin was missing from matey at 1.30am when we broke through to a battered dog ,I could of backfilled the c**t but kept my cool as always .Heard from another lad 2 weeks later he wanted the bitch to fail .If your reading this butty your a c**t and don't deserve the dog you had been gifted previous . .I've no problem with whatever comes along as long as I'm aware of the consequences. I've never had a lad here to fail and go out my way to get as much work for them as possible .Even stocking holes on the odd occasion lol.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1