The terriers and terriermen of Ireland!

I know Mr bluck is'nt on peoples list of heros but the book he wrote about The terriers and terriermen of Ireland, i am just coming to the end now and was wondering what people opinion of the book was?

I think its great to see irish history being shared! Also is there anyone here using any dogs from the men mentioned in the book?

• Thanks 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not just get dogs from guys over here? To hell with the PED. Go out with guys and hunt, if you like their stuff get a dog. If the dog turns out great, if not so be it.    I knew no one w

Anyone that wants to see a other man's dog fail a dig shouldn't be in the game.

The working of terriers in Ireland has gone too money mad I reckon. I can remember a time when almost everyone in the game was willing to gift a pup or help a lad out but not anymore there is so much

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shaneg said:

I like the book to be fair but that’s probably because I no most the lads in it and no abit about there dogs before I read it 

do you know anyone working from there lines?where in a rough area are you? i found the book to be a good read!Good to see something written about irish terriermen!

I think there's a few  now regret going in that book some of them were well known ever before that book was there ever really any need ta go in it.  Patterdale in Ireland thread on here is a good read.

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, DigDeepIRL said:

do you know anyone working from there lines?where in a rough area are you? i found the book to be a good read!Good to see something written about irish terriermen!

Ya I’ve dug over some of the dogs mentioned in the book. I’m in the midlands 

the book was twice as long as it needed to be

the terriermen answered what looked like a questionnaire ,and then JB basically repeated/ summed up what they said again over a couple of pages 

no need for it unless he wanted to make people think he had done some work

nice pics etc and good info though 

• Thanks 1

Enjoyed the book. A really good read about a man from my hometown. He keeps to himself mostly, and i never knew the history behind his dog's. It was a nice insight into his dogs and how they were bred.

Edited by EDDIE B

Wrote by a man who wouldn't no a decent terrier if it bit him on the are.he seen one mans dog work once while over here and suddenly it was the best working terrier in Ireland and that's not having a go at the man that owned the dog as he told me himself it was a stupid thing to print.bluck did not give to flying fucks about any man in that book all he was in it for like every other scam he started was money end off.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The questionaire sent out consisted of about 30 questions and asked for details about memorable digs breeding behind terriers and photos etc. which was then just rewritten and put in a book,he wasn’t best pleased when turned down,and felt you should be privileged to be included,it could have been a whole lot better if he’d actually spent some time with the people and dogs in the field,having said that there some good lads in there,as was said above I heard a few regretted going in,I have questionaire about somewhere,but if I remember correctly there was copyright laws came with it to prevent it being posted reprinted etc

• Like 4