Jump to content

Recommended Posts

when i had a few staffs in the kennels they would each have 1 whole pigs head a week.hung from the top of the run. metal bar pushed through 1 ear and out of the other and tied up a few feet off the floor so they had to stand on there back legs to eat it.thats all would be left the next morning was a few pigs teeth on the floor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, gnipper said:

Chicken carcasses? 

Yes. To much bone in it. Good feed but they need a break from it every couple of days imo 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, dillydog said:

I've fed almost exclusively on chicken with no issues and I gave plenty of pork to, again with no issues.  The only issues I had from pork was they struggled to pass the bone, I had to take one to the vet for a quick "finger blasting" !!  My mate had the same problem with his terrier, he phoned me while he was on the way to the same vet and I told him what he did for my dog. This boy wasn't frightened of "having a go himself", he phoned me back after a few minutes laughing his bollocks off, he was cover in shit, all up his chest lol

So you've had no issues then 😂

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, dillydog said:

I've fed almost exclusively on chicken with no issues and I gave plenty of pork to, again with no issues.  The only issues I had from pork was they struggled to pass the bone, I had to take one to the vet for a quick "finger blasting" !!  My mate had the same problem with his terrier, he phoned me while he was on the way to the same vet and I told him what he did for my dog. This boy wasn't frightened of "having a go himself", he phoned me back after a few minutes laughing his bollocks off, he was cover in shit, all up his chest lol

When you say finger blasting are you talking about using your finger to irritate the bowel and make the dog shit ?????

I've used a piece of straw and a biro on  dogs in the past and walked them with it in them to make them shit. Both times it was to get the last few ounces off the dog.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, snizle06 said:

Yes. To much bone in it. Good feed but they need a break from it every couple of days imo 

I've always tried to feed a varied diet, meat bone offal along with dry and veg. A lad I know fed mainly chicken backs to his dogs and they seemed to do ok.

Share this post


Link to post

Dry nuts are no good for any dog, nevermind a working dog ..it just runs through them. I always feed raw flesh, all chicken & turkey, mainly minced carcasses/sometimes feet. This includes the skin, flesh, bone and marrow. The hunt club had a lab research wether this provided all the necessary nutrition required and it did. Never had a problem with it. Beef is hard to beat to put a back on a dog. A long hard dig takes a lot out of a dog, nevermind a long hard season....

Edited by Kaiser Sozé
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, beef is best of the lot. Used to be with a 3 day a week pack. When the "mad cow disease" scare came in the ministry vet watched over them making sure only hind quarters were fed. Hounds fell apart. It was only when the vet f****d off they went back to fore quarters and hounds got their backs back.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, neil cooney said:

When you say finger blasting are you talking about using your finger to irritate the bowel and make the dog shit ?????

I've used a piece of straw and a biro on  dogs in the past and walked them with it in them to make them shit. Both times it was to get the last few ounces off the dog.

Would often use a cotton bud and walk them with it stuck up there to get them to completely empty when i kept bulldogs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

No Neil,  the vet literallyput his fingers up the dogs arse to pull a shard of undigested bone out !

Share this post


Link to post

6 dogs on chicken carcass and dry mixed, never had an issue and all in great condition, health and coats 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 17/07/2018 at 23:28, starting out said:

help your self why dont you !!! ha 

IMG_8013.JPG

Thats the way to do it....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I always put some baby milk powder in with the food a few times a week seems to do them good it has a lot of vitamins and minerals ect in there we had a few tuba left over from the little one and it seems to be lasting the dogs along time lol 

15322470729661819098978.jpg

15322470987991392334268.jpg

15322471224771378810135.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 15/07/2018 at 17:51, downsouth said:

Would often use a cotton bud and walk them with it stuck up there to get them to completely empty when i kept bulldogs.

I'm not surprised with all those dry biscuits stuck in there. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×