Dry nuts are no good for any dog, nevermind a working dog ..it just runs through them. I always feed raw flesh, all chicken & turkey, mainly minced carcasses/sometimes feet. This includes the skin, flesh, bone and marrow. The hunt club had a lab research wether this provided all the necessary nutrition required and it did. Never had a problem with it. Beef is hard to beat to put a back on a dog. A long hard dig takes a lot out of a dog, nevermind a long hard season....

Edited by Kaiser Sozé
  • Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like i said in an above post if you're really into your dogs does it matter.I know so many lads who claim to be dog men who will happily by a £20 bag of weed a day or 8cans every night or £80 up their

help your self why dont you !!! ha 

I've fed almost exclusively on chicken with no issues and I gave plenty of pork to, again with no issues.  The only issues I had from pork was they struggled to pass the bone, I had to take one to the

Posted Images

Yep, beef is best of the lot. Used to be with a 3 day a week pack. When the "mad cow disease" scare came in the ministry vet watched over them making sure only hind quarters were fed. Hounds fell apart. It was only when the vet f****d off they went back to fore quarters and hounds got their backs back.

4 hours ago, neil cooney said:

When you say finger blasting are you talking about using your finger to irritate the bowel and make the dog shit ?????

I've used a piece of straw and a biro on  dogs in the past and walked them with it in them to make them shit. Both times it was to get the last few ounces off the dog.

Would often use a cotton bud and walk them with it stuck up there to get them to completely empty when i kept bulldogs.

• Like 1

I always put some baby milk powder in with the food a few times a week seems to do them good it has a lot of vitamins and minerals ect in there we had a few tuba left over from the little one and it seems to be lasting the dogs along time lol 

15322470729661819098978.jpg

15322470987991392334268.jpg

15322471224771378810135.jpg

On 15/07/2018 at 17:51, downsouth said:

Would often use a cotton bud and walk them with it stuck up there to get them to completely empty when i kept bulldogs.

I'm not surprised with all those dry biscuits stuck in there. 

• 3 years later...

The problem with feeding to much protein to a pup is that bone growth can be to quick for the calcium to keep up and the dog can have hollow spots. These will cause a weakness and are painful but are easily cured. 

7 minutes ago, socks said:

The problem with feeding to much protein to a pup is that bone growth can be to quick for the calcium to keep up and the dog can have hollow spots. These will cause a weakness and are painful but are easily cured. 

Would bone meal help that?