• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like i said in an above post if you're really into your dogs does it matter.I know so many lads who claim to be dog men who will happily by a £20 bag of weed a day or 8cans every night or £80 up their

help your self why dont you !!! ha 

I've fed almost exclusively on chicken with no issues and I gave plenty of pork to, again with no issues.  The only issues I had from pork was they struggled to pass the bone, I had to take one to the

Posted Images

£5 for a 15 kg box of chicken carcass from the local chicken factory, a lot of meat on them still, beef trimmings from butchers and a mix of buiscuits, can’t go wrong and cheap as chips? Gun dogs and terriers get this. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I know everyone recommends a raw diet but has anyone actually seen the results on a dog that has gone from biscuits to raw? 

I always rear mine on raw from day 1 so never had chance to notice a difference.But i have seen lads rear littermates of dogs ive owned on complete kibbles and they havnt physically made the same animals and its happened too many times to be a coincidence.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I always rear mine on raw from day 1 so never had chance to notice a difference.But i have seen lads rear littermates of dogs ive owned on complete kibbles and they havnt physically made the same animals and its happened too many times to be a coincidence.

I wonder though if introduced at a later date it's a case of too little too late? Once it's growth has been stunted maybe they will never develop like a dog started on raw?

38 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I wonder though if introduced at a later date it's a case of too little too late? Once it's growth has been stunted maybe they will never develop like a dog started on raw?

Deffinately.Ive took on older dogs reared by other people and no matter how much ive put into them ive never been able to get them quite like dogs ive reared myself.Im not saying its been down to the food exclusively.Plenty of exercise,regular worming etc all played a part but i think a  good quality varied flesh diet played a major part.

• Like 2

If you change a pup over to raw before it's around 6 months of age you can see the difference and they do catch up .... I've never seen it over that age so can't comment ......

On 06/07/2018 at 06:31, Daniel cain said:

IMG_20180225_100734_214.jpg.05f264aeb6656e6b87070aba282f33f4.jpg

I see raw pork mentioned there a couple of times. The meat I get sometimes has pork in it and I was feeding it (with no problems) but I recently heard of a parasite or similar that raw pork contains and it killed hounds in kennel so I stopped feeding the pork.

Has anyone else heard of this ?

2 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I had a wheaten a time back my auld fella threw her out some back bacon I persume had just gone off. The next morning she was foaming out of the mouth and passed quickly enough I put it down to that. 

Yes, bacon will kill them, but it's pork I'm talking about. Uncured.

4 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

Yes, bacon will kill them, but it's pork I'm talking about. Uncured.

My stupidity there, I'd imagine uncured pork would do kill em, on that note can't say I've ever heard anyone feeding pork maybe someone can answer your question tho. 

• Like 1

That's the thing with raw, from what I've read it's fine and healthy and almost certainly beneficial for the most part but if your dog eats something off it can be very bad for them and even  your own health.

Edited by Kerny92