38 minutes ago, walshie said:

Yeah it used to be Avon skin so soft when it had citronella as an ingredient. They stopped putting that in a couple of years ago. 

Yea I read that online and the wife bought 2 the other day from eBay.ive just looked at the bottle there's no English on it.it says made in Poland.

But on the ingredients there is a word that looks like citronella.

20180705_161955.thumb.jpg.10066d37859bc7e9a44783d56950fa2b.jpg

20180705_162036.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's no ferret... It's a skin so soft applicator ?

Looks like ye missed a spot with razor 

What the f**k is a ferret doing on your couch lol

Posted Images

Thats a coincidence.Ive just bought 4 bottles off eBay as my workmate said its always being recommended on the carp fishing groups hes on.The advert did recommend it for a mosquito repellent.Ive also got a bottle of citronella essential oil that i pour in a small bowl and leave on my bedroom window seal.Every year i have at least one really bad reaction to a bite and end up having to take a strong course of antibiotics.

30 minutes ago, king said:

Yea I read that online and the wife bought 2 the other day from eBay.ive just looked at the bottle there's no English on it.it says made in Poland.

But on the ingredients there is a word that looks like citronella.

20180705_161955.thumb.jpg.10066d37859bc7e9a44783d56950fa2b.jpg

20180705_162036.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

i was told the other day that a good prevention and repellent for horse fly and other pain in the arse flying insects is listerine mouth wash mixed with water and spray yourself over with that...…...

whether this is true or not I couldn't tell you haven't tried it yet...….

19 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Thats a coincidence.Ive just bought 4 bottles off eBay as my workmate said its always being recommended on the carp fishing groups hes on.The advert did recommend it for a mosquito repellent.Ive also got a bottle of citronella essential oil that i pour in a small bowl and leave on my bedroom window seal.Every year i have at least one really bad reaction to a bite and end up having to take a strong course of antibiotics.

The wife had a saucer sized lump on her leg last year it lasted for months.and felt like there was a piece of cardboard under her skin.

Is that the reaction you are getting D'S 

8 minutes ago, socks said:

He's busy climbing over the parcel that was delivered today ken lol.

Nah he's a 10 week old hob the wife has him in the house for a few hours a day.

13 minutes ago, king said:

The wife had a saucer sized lump on her leg last year it lasted for months.and felt like there was a piece of cardboard under her skin.

Is that the reaction you are getting D'S 

The 1st year it happened i got bit on the side of my jaw and it ended up looking like id been smacked with a cricket bat.Twice ive been bit on my calf and the whole calf swelled so bad it felt like the skin was going to split and last year i was bit on the back of my hand on a friday and by sunday morning i couldnt bend my fingers at all where it had all swollen so much.I ended up going straight to AandE as i had red tracks moving up my forearm.Everytime its also red hot and itchy as f**k and ends up constantly weeping from where i was bitten.

2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

The 1st year it happened i got bit on the side of my jaw and it ended up looking like id been smacked with a cricket bat.Twice ive been bit on my calf and the whole calf swelled so bad it felt like the skin was going to split and last year i was bit on the back of my hand on a friday and by sunday morning i couldnt bend my fingers at all where it had all swollen so much.I ended up going straight to AandE as i had red tracks moving up my forearm.Everytime its also red hot and itchy as f**k and ends up constantly weeping from where i was bitten.

That's mad having a reaction like that.Sounds painfull as feck.

Would it be worth putting a load of that citronella stuff on a baseball cap say on the peek maybe that would deter them a bit.

9 minutes ago, king said:

That's mad having a reaction like that.Sounds painfull as feck.

Would it be worth putting a load of that citronella stuff on a baseball cap say on the peek maybe that would deter them a bit.

Might be worth a go.Ive been working along the edge of woodland today and out on the marshes along the edges of dykes in shorts and a T shirt.I covered myself in the Avon stuff this morning and havn't been bitten today whereas the 2 lads ive been working with have been moaning like f**k so i reckon there must be something to it.Gunna spray myself tonight before i walk the dogs as thats when they normally hammer me.