Working Dogs / House Dogs

Lads, just noticed a good few on here put up photo's of their terriers, (and lurcher for that matter), in their homes. Is it a common thing these days, to keep your workers in the house? 

Not knocking anyone that does it, just wouldn't dream of doing it myself. I dont keep dogs inside full stop.

I don't know anyone who does over here. Maybe its an English thing? ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of my best dogs have had their fair share of spending time indoors as well as in kennels.Terriers/Lurchers/bulldogs and pp dogs.I believe the more time you can spend with your dogs the the better

Out when I’m out and in when I’m in.......don’t care if they make my house stink, if you don’t like it don’t f****n come round

It makes NO DIFFERENCE  either way IMO,  if you don't like the smell of dogs or the hair and dust they create then by all means keep them in your yard. I alternate them in and out, I've got idiots her

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Lads, just noticed a good few on here put up photo's of their terriers, (and lurcher for that matter), in their homes. Is it a common thing these days, to keep your workers in the house? 

Not knocking anyone that does it, just wouldn't dream of doing it myself. I dont keep dogs inside full stop.

I don't know anyone who does over here. Maybe its an English thing? ?

Why wouldn’t you have dogs in the house?.

7 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Maybe times have changed. Everyone getting softer these days maybe

My 3  are kept outside coming in the house is rare but if I only had 1 dog I would bring him in the house more often,the main reason my don’t come in the house they would make the house stink, I don’t believe bringing them in the house makes them soft,there’s positives to dogs been in the house like bonding with young dogs.

• Like 1

I’ve nothing against having a dog in the house but not a hunting dog. Imagen the smell of a wet dirty dog back in the house after a days hunting. I much rather put them in a big bed of straw in there kennels. 

• Like 6

All of my best dogs have had their fair share of spending time indoors as well as in kennels.Terriers/Lurchers/bulldogs and pp dogs.I believe the more time you can spend with your dogs the the better understanding and bond you'll have with them.

• Like 19

My staffy comes into the house at night in the winter when its too cold and my beddy whippet has been in the kitchen during the day with this heat wave, she really cant handle any heat. The staffy dont smell but the lurcher does, both shed badly and its constant. Id rather they were outdoors all the time but its not possible as iv only a postage stamp for a garden thats exposed to the elements and only got room for a couple dog houses for them. Sometimes I just let one in the odd time because I like having them around. Allways grew up with dogs inside.

Ours stay in the house due to neighbors. Especially with terriers I would think the last thing you need is someone spotting them after hunting. That, combined with a string of stolen dogs in our area and it’s not worth the risk of leaving them out. Plus having two hounds that basically sleep all day helps. 

That being said me and my fiancé are constantly looking for land in the country where we could have a kennel. We don’t mind the dogs but occasionally they’re annoying. I do think there is something to be said for having more of a connection between oneself and the dogs if you spend so much time with them however. 

Boding us more to do with a feel good factor for us and not much to do with work .They don't work for us it's in them .All we do is channel it to meet our own gains .Bonding to unite a mutual friendship ,yes that can equally be done with a kennel dog .Anybody doing any ratting will no doubt have dogs outdoors .I know people who have working dogs inside and they are the last to realise the smell they create .Working dogs outside for me and spend as much time as I can with them free in the garden. 

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Dogs stink mine constantly roll in piss n shit I'd be bathing them every day if they were house dogs which is bad for their coat so they stay outside.

outside  there animals, humans inside,  simple as that

• Thanks 1