Working Dogs / House Dogs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of my best dogs have had their fair share of spending time indoors as well as in kennels.Terriers/Lurchers/bulldogs and pp dogs.I believe the more time you can spend with your dogs the the better

Out when I’m out and in when I’m in.......don’t care if they make my house stink, if you don’t like it don’t f****n come round

It makes NO DIFFERENCE  either way IMO,  if you don't like the smell of dogs or the hair and dust they create then by all means keep them in your yard. I alternate them in and out, I've got idiots her

Posted Images

Our lurcher is in but next will be kept out. I think you can avoid few bad habits and his tending to get bit clingy with every one. Flying to the door when the wife comes home that sort of thing. Just little things that bug me. Plus his crated if we all go any where so you got to worry about how long you go. At least out doors in a run you can leave for the day 

24 minutes ago, terryd said:

Our lurcher is in but next will be kept out. I think you can avoid few bad habits and his tending to get bit clingy with every one. Flying to the door when the wife comes home that sort of thing. Just little things that bug me. Plus his crated if we all go any where so you got to worry about how long you go. At least out doors in a run you can leave for the day 

funny you saying hat the last bit, got to back to loose him out, if you been out in the day your self. even though my 2 are outside in kennel/run , they hold there self's till i walk to have shit and piss, even like now this last 9 days mine have been in the garden 12 hours every day, and they still wait to go out to re leave  them, dont get me wrong i know i am very lucky that they never piss or shit on my property . but it gets my wife back at times  , say if we gone to a wedding  or just might out/meal , ie always got to get back  to  take to dogs out to be clean , ive been doing it now  near enough 11 years with old Bryn, but Buck just copied  him, like every thing else he does ,Bryn the top dog ,  so thats prob why he follows suit .?

Pups in, adult workers out, make old bones they by my side and have the run of the house and yard, picked a lurcher pup up last weekend was kept outside, took her 3 days of watching the old lurcher bitch go outside to empty when told and pups on it?

1 hour ago, bird said:

funny you saying hat the last bit, got to back to loose him out, if you been out in the day your self. even though my 2 are outside in kennel/run , they hold there self's till i walk to have shit and piss, even like now this last 9 days mine have been in the garden 12 hours every day, and they still wait to go out to re leave  them, dont get me wrong i know i am very lucky that they never piss or shit on my property . but it gets my wife back at times  , say if we gone to a wedding  or just might out/meal , ie always got to get back  to  take to dogs out to be clean , ive been doing it now  near enough 11 years with old Bryn, but Buck just copied  him, like every thing else he does ,Bryn the top dog ,  so thats prob why he follows suit .?

Funny you should say Ray mine won't crap in the yard he will hold it so long he gets in a right state and refuses to go. Pain in the arse to be honest espeacially for him lol

I kept my old bitch an her son in the house for the first 6 month an house trained them before putting them in the kennels an they have never pissed or shit in the kennels so I have to take them out 2/3 times a day but it's less mess in the kennels just wish I done it with the other 2