Sunshine crows

Last time I was out I would say over 1000 birds lifted from the yard,but then they f*** off and at best trickle back,too much food around? Or just clever? Or possibly a bit of both.

But we've taken well over a thousand birds between trap/ and shooting in the last couple of weeks,so maybe there just missing there friends lol.

• Like 3

No mate they seem to keep coming,had a text off the farmer earlier he's had another 112 in the past 2 days.

Point to note ,they are nearly all Jackie's.

That ladder trap is so effective it's unbelievable,I did take some film footage on the phone to post on here,but it's too large to post.

Edited by Jackdaw
  • Like 2

One of ours , 759CCD06-3E31-4BC9-B1DC-5D6DC95DB2AD.thumb.jpeg.73da93b4dd87a7899242353a343c16f6.jpegthere are about twenty odd in this one , I tried a vid but it wouldn’t let me load it ..I was actually shooting crows not fifty yards from were this is , mainly jacks with just the odd young crow ..This is by one of the duck ponds and accounts for hundreds every year ..

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sussex said:

One of ours , 759CCD06-3E31-4BC9-B1DC-5D6DC95DB2AD.thumb.jpeg.73da93b4dd87a7899242353a343c16f6.jpegthere are about twenty odd in this one , I tried a vid but it wouldn’t let me load it ..I was actually shooting crows not fifty yards from were this is , mainly jacks with just the odd young crow ..This is by one of the duck ponds and accounts for hundreds every year ..

that is a belter rich

5 hours ago, Jackdaw said:

No mate they seem to keep coming,had a text off the farmer earlier he's had another 112 in the past 2 days.

Point to note ,they are nearly all Jackie's.

That ladder trap is so effective it's unbelievable,I did take some film footage on the phone to post on here,but it's too large to post.

It’s the same around here all jacks with the odd carrion, my mate was talking to the farmer and mentioned the ladder trap that he has on his spot I had to give him the death eyes to make him shut up

trying to mess our days out up, idiot?

14 hours ago, sussex said:

Ten past seven ,  got around twenty down , been a good morning so far ..

Things tailed of by mid morning as the temperature increased , they headed down in the valley and stayed put in a big belt of trees ..finished with 33 picked and five down in a huge bank of nettles , wasn’t worth putting the dog in ..

DB667A9A-CA4C-4C77-9E70-F82C8F9F0CE5.thumb.jpeg.13dcb18f37738fc581fca51eff8398b4.jpeg

• Like 2

I always do find things go quiet late morning until early afternoon this time of Year,I guess there from roost feeding from 04:30 ish and need to take time out to digest the food!

Sometimes it's like someone has turned a tap off! Everything stops.

1 hour ago, Jackdaw said:

I always do find things go quiet late morning until early afternoon this time of Year,I guess there from roost feeding from 04:30 ish and need to take time out to digest the food!

Sometimes it's like someone has turned a tap off! Everything stops.

That’s how it was yesterday, at one point I was struggling to load the gun quick enough then it just stopped ..we went for a bit of breakfast and a drive round the estate to see if they were feeding anywhere but couldn’t find any on anything ..they were bunched up in the trees and if you moved them they flopped into the next wood .They never come back on feed all day ..there be another day ! !