To put a drop in kit, or not !!

Hi all, i posted an earlier post about the recoil on my .177 97kt & i took onboard all the advice & help, but now im in a bit of a dilema !

I stripped my 97kt down & squared off the spring ends, gave a very light polish to the piston, resized the piston seal & a liner made from a milk bottle for the piston & relubed as Charlie Caller advised. Well after just one tin of FAP, this is a 15 shot string.

Its bog standard inside apart from the liner but ive got a TBT drop in top hat & spring guide sat here. Do i leave as it is, no twang but still a bit of a kick on recoil or chance the kit to see if it tames the recoil a touch ?  Dont know what to do for the best, any advice lads ?

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Dean,

I own the 97K , bought recently from a friend on this forum.

It has had a strip, polish Sandwell Field Sports delrin kit installed and a Sandwell spring installed plus correctly lubed.

When I put a .177 express pellet on the scope turret and fire a shot off, the turret pellet hardly moves and always stays on the turret.

The rifle, using JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87 g is supremely accurate.

If you are happy with the rifle`s performance Dean, I would leave her well alone.:good:

Here`s one of my 97 k`s, 8 shot, practice/ training cards.

IMG_1070.thumb.JPG.f3d4a04f57fb624ef4f439e3235ad903.JPG

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...