lately due to my ammo shortage as my licence is in for renewal i have been playing with the hw a lot more lately.next step i know is to chrono the airgun but does anybody know if the hw,s are prone to an increase in power due to the heat ?.number 2 is does anybody actually know what power is needed for an 8.44gr pellet to go through both sides of a pellet tin at 20yards ?.crude i know but mine will now go through where as before it did not.will chrono it at the weekend,it was making about 11.2ft/lbs at the last check any bets on what it is at now ?

sat at home board so I had a go:laugh:

used an aa field 8.4 at 20yrd and its a straight through 

1933420163_cC358PVaRPKCcyferhy0w.thumb.jpg.3649ac76714190e92fc490db246f1b49.jpg

set this rifles power in the winter and the guns proper warm at the moment and the power is exactly the same!

you'll have to try two tins or a phone book!! if it goes through the book its over:icon_eek:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All PCP's are prone to minor variation of power due to heat/cold, hot air expands, and the reverse, if you cock your gun and walk around in the heat, pressure in the confined space WILL increase, (assuming it has had time to absorb additional heat between reservoir and chamber) and this is likely to have an effect on speed/energy.  These changes will all be relatively minor as regardless of temperature (hot or cold) the rifle will allow the right pressure per squirt, it will only be changes in temperature after the correct pressure generated by cocking has changed that may effect energy. 

Not sure I've made that very clear!:hmm:

Regardless, pressure/energy changes will be unusual/minor and nothing to be concerned about for most, hot or cold.

:thumbs:

• Like 1
On 06/07/2018 at 17:20, .357shooter said:

checked the old 100 today and the power is 11.15 ft/lbs nearly the same as the last time i checked it.strange that the pellet went though both sides when last time i tried this it did not make it

They don’t make tins like they used to?