A happy ending

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Ah, I see they mention drilling there. Bound to be US, UK or French oil industry drillers not far away at all, used to working in adverse conditions and probably have the technology to achieve say a 24" cased well dropped right into a near by air pocket. Not saying it's possible but shouldn't be immediately dismissed either.

I agree, I think trying to get them out through the cave system should be the last option.

Some people panic scuba diving in crystal clear waters, if fear and panic set in an hour or so into the journey out of the caves, even the most professional diver/potholer would, to say the least, struggle to get them through the ordeal.

Very few people have the mental makeup for these kind of activities.

Edited by shepp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure how three middle aged blokes are supposed to look for you not to think they are looking for whores? Just look like three British middle aged blokes to me, just happen to be braver than m

The brit divers,thai divers haven't entered the chamber yet but are expected to get in there tomorrow.  

Alright for her to say,she got a full english breakfast everyday.                                     Atl

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, shepp said:

I agree, I think trying to get them out through the cave system should be the last option.

Some people panic scuba diving in crystal clear waters, if fear and panic set in an hour or so into the journey out of the caves, even the most professional diver/potholer would, to say the least, struggle to get them through the ordeal.

Very few people have the mental makeup for these kind of activities.

Yeah, it sounds like there is a huge risk in swimming them out. But the worlds best cave and water rescue people are on the scene so if it can be done I'm sure they're best placed for it.

Drilling, if logistically possible, wouldn't be without risk either. I'd assume the ground is mostly stable rock but if it's only positive pressure keeping the water from rising then dropping a hole in from the surface would cause immediate flooding. Not sure how likely that would be. Plenty of expertise and professionalism in that industry to determine the technical possibility and risk.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, mackem said:

Cave divers are a breed apart,the waters in the cave could have zero visibility due to rain,water pumps,silt,mud whatever....

All that goes through my mind watching that is WHY?

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, mackem said:

Cave divers are a breed apart,the waters in the cave could have zero visibility due to rain,water pumps,silt,mud whatever....

Bloody hell i felt claustrophobic just watching that !!! Atb

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dinosaurs said:

Bloody hell i felt claustrophobic just watching that !!! Atb

same here mate, it bad enough on land doing that never mind under water , no way could i do that .!

58 minutes ago, bird said:

same here mate, it bad enough on land doing that never mind under water , no way could i do that .!

Sod that, I got claustrophobic in an MRI scanner at the hospital, told them to get me out now :laugh:. They said about 50% of people get it with the closed MRI scanner. Was OK with the open MRI

22 minutes ago, mackem said:

One of the thai divers has died overnight.

I think getting the kids out by diving is a big no no. If a professional diver has died already what chance have they got?

Edited by Kerny92
  • Like 1