Faults has a dog man.

Now i know we all like to pretend we are whiter than white on here and are the textbook dog men but i say bullshit!

We all have are faults but not will admit it and even more worrying some won't believe it.

My fault is i get irritated easily with dogs if they are not behaving to what i believe is appropriate and can over discipline , i need to accept that they have their faults and are not machines.

What are your faults, come and get them off your chest. ?

Edited by Kerny92

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? As a youth,... I took things personally....when dealing with dogs,  this is both foolish and illogical.  My Father schooled Sheepdogs and Cattle dogs, and same as a lot of men from his generati

Dogs don't require any meat cooked not even three week old pups ... dogs have enzymes in their gut that can break down any meat and bone and stomach acid that can kill bacteria ... a dogs intestinal t

I remember when kitchen scraps made up half there meal with sheep heads hearts etc how times change 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Realising the hard way. That dogs have off days.!! Learned a valuable lesson long time ago and never made it again. Also feed the best of gear not complete dog shit meal!! 

What you feed yours? 

Hard winter. They are all on tripe n veg, pasta etc. Chicken mince, beef, plenty of veg. Summer I, ll get them quality dog meal. Costs a fair bit. But stops the flies etc. But once season starts so does the good food. regime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once knowing enough was enough but still had to have that last run cost me dear ?  taking lads out on ear say only to find them boomerang trusting folk when I should of known better after listening to them i have made God knows how many mistakes over the years but like life every day is a school day the biggest fault i have seen is folk not being honest to themselves 

• Like 2

Could not agree more with foxpack the amount of dog lads who pride themselves on feeding there dogs on the cheepist shit dog meal and then go on to tell you what great dogmen they are and how dogs are the most important thing in their life.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Talking of food I've been talking to the vet today about what he thinks is best. I asked him about raw and he said he personally wouldn't do it and would advise the more expensive dog food. ??

loads of vets advise feeding dry expensive stuff these days just like the dry expensive range they all seem to have nicely on view in there surgeries.

• Like 1

Dogs are four legged athletes and should be fed accordily. My small bushing dog wouldn't last five minutes running about on fells if I fed them complete meal.they thrive off raw gear. As for vets most haven't a clue and usually recommend food that by the coincidence they have on the surgery shelfs. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, japs eye said:

loads of vets advise feeding dry expensive stuff these days just like the dry expensive range they all seem to have nicely on view in there surgeries.

Yep maybe there is something to it but he stated the more expensive brands have stricter standards. There's no regulations as far as i know so the cheap shite is just that. I'm sure folk on here have used a good brand and know the results.

3 minutes ago, japs eye said:

No shit! I took my terrier for her booster today (£33) and asked them why I hadn't had a reminder? You mustn't be on the list was the reply, well how come you send me emails and texts asking me to take advantage of your pet club where you can get all your pets wormers and flea treatment etc for as little as from £4 a week?

Used to be a country vets, now part of a chain of businesses.

Cheers, D.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Talking of food I've been talking to the vet today about what he thinks is best. I asked him about raw and he said he personally wouldn't do it and would advise the more expensive dog food. ??

Vet we use reccomends raw food for working do.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

Yep maybe there is something to it but he stated the more expensive brands have stricter standards. There's no regulations as far as i know so the cheap shite is just that. I'm sure folk on here have used a good brand and know the results.

i feed a handful of dry aswell as flesh just incase theres a lack in vitamins or minerals in the raw diet.

• Like 2