Salmon or sea trout

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Great stuff mate,

Are you north of the border?

Yes mate, these northern pollock fight a lot harder than those southern softies :whistling:...........a bass from up here is my next mission.  Coastline is very bassy but not a sniff so far and believe me I have tried everything :D

• Haha 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You won’t be disappointed mate, just need to wash the salt off properly .......well Lady Luck was on my side again tonight .......out for an hour and mission accomplished, homemade fish and chips for

West coast mate, this was a decent fish I had at 5am this morning, didn’t half put a bend in the rod.  Got snapped by a couple of others...

Boom !

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, bell said:

Yes mate, these northern pollock fight a lot harder than those southern softies :whistling:...........a bass from up here is my next mission.  Coastline is very bassy but not a sniff so far and believe me I have tried everything :D

I had some great Pollack fishing up there a few years back, but didn't manage a bass... good luck

• Like 1

The  pressed salmon with whisky is known as Gravadlax. (Spelling might be off). The Swedish do a hell of a lot as it is basically cured fish. I did it at home with rainbows and Browns and the results are quite impressive. Not difficult either. Just doing 2 smoked trout which will be turned into fish cakes and mousse. The guys love them. Jok.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, jok said:

The  pressed salmon with whisky is known as Gravadlax. (Spelling might be off). The Swedish do a hell of a lot as it is basically cured fish. I did it at home with rainbows and Browns and the results are quite impressive. Not difficult either. Just doing 2 smoked trout which will be turned into fish cakes and mousse. The guys love them. Jok.

It is easy mate like you say and worth doing with rainbows I would imagine which can be a tad uninteresting at times..

Bell. Strangely, the trout that we stock are blues. They have a beautiful coloured flesh and taste a lot different to standard rainbow. Allied to the addition of chilli, herbs and other accoutrements it makes for a fine dish. As we speak, I've completed  the dishes of mousse and to be fair, it tastes lovely. Jok.

• Like 1

Bell. Out of curiosity , where do you go out from. The reason I ask is that I used to take my dive boat out from a number of places up there and met quite a few legends. Jok.

3 hours ago, jok said:

Bell. Out of curiosity , where do you go out from. The reason I ask is that I used to take my dive boat out from a number of places up there and met quite a few legends. Jok.

West coast mate, this was a decent fish I had at 5am this morning, didn’t half put a bend in the rod.  Got snapped by a couple of others...

C9CE349D-AB1D-42E8-AE11-4CBECD99DF6B.jpeg

• Like 11
On 09/07/2018 at 18:37, Lenmcharristar said:

good fishing bell

Was out again last night mate and got whacked by this big girl, they don’t half have some power....scales only went to 6lb...

E9729DD8-D1E2-4B37-B2C8-9C02E0053F66.jpeg

• Like 5
Just now, tomburras said:

Wow very nice!

Got a mouth on it like a bucket Tom, had to get my lure back by going through the gills, had completely inhaled it.  Got another good one this morning that probably went 4lb.  Had a downpour last night so hoping there may be some sea trout moving this evening.  Going to watch the first half of the football then take the boat out......tide and time wait for no man ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1