Removing dew claws

2 minutes ago, wombbat said:

Hi hope some one can help with my question . I'm not sure how but I missed a dew claw on one of my pups is 10 days to old to nip it off 

Thanks

Av done a litter a week old and they where fine 

There seems to be more lurchers about now, that still have their dewclaws left on,. and even working them on all sorts of terrain, don't seem tohave any problem with them. I have owned 2 lurchers wth dew claws on and never had any problems  when running them, I found that if clipped just like toe nails,they caused no hassle.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, grompz said:

There seems to be more lurchers about now, that still have their dewclaws left on,. and even working them on all sorts of terrain, don't seem tohave any problem with them. I have owned 2 lurchers wth dew claws on and never had any problems  when running them, I found that if clipped just like toe nails,they caused no hassle.

I've heard both sides to this from many good dog men but the best bitch I ever owned was my only one with dew claws and they were a night mare , so since then its always been off with them for me .

• Like 1

Two crows I would give that vet a miss in future he incompetent ,it's one  thing putting it right but its unnecessary surgery a procedure where complications or even los of the animal  while under .can occur how can he miss a bit of gristle  I know you need in some cases paper work fa the tails but don't get surprised if these don't grow back on one or two ,using that plonka lol .atb bill

On 1 July 2018 at 16:15, grompz said:

That's fine and all well and good but some jukels especially bully types have stick out type dew claws that continually get catched up on all sorts best off in my view but on a note natural type jukels seem ta carry them tight to the leg and often smaller .claws  it's a case of the breeders views and if yas  buy in it's pot luck if they removed them.atb bill