White lakey or not

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares.Theyre f***ing shit whatever you want to label them as.

This farm yard Russell type was a proper worker, used to boss the Patterdale about in the yard even though it would have killed him. Dug a 12 footer with him at around 11 years old. 

I could never work out why my pal kept any of that white rubbish when he had very capable black dogs from Kens breeding but for some reason he took everything Old Gouldy said as gospel.I reckon Ken co

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

I had one from a Middleton b & tan to a red dog, 6 in the litter, 3 b & t,  2 red, 1 white with red markings. Paid £25 for it, nice looker but a coward. Pts.

Cheers, D.

£25 ? I saw one of these that on the day was shown as a Jack Russell and took best in show changing hands for £1000. My weekly wage at the time doing a semi-skilled job was less than £100.

• Like 1

I couldn't say with 100 % certainty but I was sold a supposed Middleton bitch many years ago.  I used a black Patterdale over her and got one B&T bitch , one black smooth bitch and five black and white russell types.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

£25 ? I saw one of these that on the day was shown as a Jack Russell and took best in show changing hands for £1000. My weekly wage at the time doing a semi-skilled job was less than £100.

I should correct myself here. I witnessed the price quoted but did not witness the transaction. But the dog did end up with the new owner.

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Not my type, and not my colour. I thought you'd be the same with you having blacks/chocs?

Not my dog, i kid owns it who i used to work with. He's anti hunting and got it from the dog pound and i think it's a failed worker from the village. Apparently it's all hot air and is a twat for scrapping.

It's not about the colour, my uncle had a Russell that was as good as any black un for digging. True it might not have been as hard but it more than made up for it in brains and nose. 

A gamekeeper i know from Norfolk as a white un that retrives dead foxes every time it's entered, got the knack for it. It's seem plenty of work so something is right with it, maybe a freak though.

9 minutes ago, dillydog said:

I couldn't say with 100 % certainty but I was sold a supposed Middleton bitch many years ago.  I used a black Patterdale over her and got one B&T bitch , one black smooth bitch and five black and white russell types.

A mate of mine an his digging partner have kept black, black an tan, chocolates, ect dogs (no whites) most of there digging lifes,,new the blood line's going way back but when they decided to have a litter there was a white pup,  how it happened God only nos so they bred a white patterdale if you like, you no the men dilly you give him a pup last year ( j,s)

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I won best puppy in show and a shield with it at 6 month old ffs, I was only about 24, nearly 60 now and laugh when I look back

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, andy26 said:

A mate of mine an his digging partner have kept black, black an tan, chocolates, ect dogs (no whites) most of there digging lifes,,new the blood line's going way back but when they decided to have a litter there was a white pup,  how it happened God only nos so they bred a white patterdale if you like, you no the men dilly you give him a pup last year ( j,s)

Anything to do with Chester might explain it?

This farm yard Russell type was a proper worker, used to boss the Patterdale about in the yard even though it would have killed him. Dug a 12 footer with him at around 11 years old. 

20180630_211531.png

Edited by Kerny92
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Anything to do with Chester might explain it?

The white pup isn't from my stuff RH, it's JS stuff as far as I know.  The jungle drums would still be pounding if I'd of got a white one

• Like 2