STAY OUT OF THE WATER

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Wouldn’t mind catching one on the kayak lol

went shark fishing last year out of Plymouth, had 6 fairly small blues and lost a decent one, brushed against the 200lb leader and cut it like cotton!!

the water was alive though, huge pods of dolphins and shoals of tuna working the mackerel shoals, gannets, terns and gulls feeding off the melle it was an amazing sight.. and happened a few times during the day, one pod of dolphins must of been over 100 in number... now this was only 20 miles off Plymouth.. 

there are loads of visitors to our waters, particularly the south west and west coast of Ireland, also west Wales... no doubt Whites will occasionally visit, along with more sightings of Threshers, Mako and some big Porbeagles caught every year..

the west coast of Ireland now has a good tuna fishing fleet, with fish caught over 600lb, I think we’ll see the same off the SW of England and Cornwall over the next few years, a big tuna was caught last year out of Plymouth, over 500lb!!

i might need a bigger kayak!! Lol

We get some really good shark fishing ... Know a few lads that have had them over 170lbs

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leave it. It'll help sort the migrant crisis

just seen this. ?

that shark would be in extreme danger if it came across dogfox practising his butterfly stroke.

Posted Images

Just now, South hams hunter said:

We get some really good shark fishing ... Know a few lads that have had them over 170lbs

Yeah it's  great port for sharking now, a mate of mine has been catching them out of Exmouth the past couple of years on his own boat, the mackerel are late showing this year, I fancy a trip in September, the seasons are all a touch later, real warm water that time of the year..reckon it'll produce a biggie,!!

5 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

The first week I moved down here I wandered down the harbour at Penzance to see fellas bringing home a 100lb Blue, I caught a garfish off there a week later, wtf?

Different world.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, dytkos said:

The first week I moved down here I wandered down the harbour at Penzance to see fellas bringing home a 100lb Blue, I caught a garfish off there a week later, wtf?

Different world.

Cheers, D.

Decent bait for a blue is a garfish mate

What I meant in my semi drunken stupor was I'd never seen a shark that big from our waters and I'd never seen a garfish before, some fella identified it for me, inland twat I am/was lol

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah it's  great port for sharking now, a mate of mine has been catching them out of Exmouth the past couple of years on his own boat, the mackerel are late showing this year, I fancy a trip in September, the seasons are all a touch later, real warm water that time of the year..reckon it'll produce a biggie,!!

I know crusader picked up a few to 85lb the weekend 

15 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Except last i knew there's not one recorded death from an Orca attack in the wild? 

there were two killer whales spotted off south stack on Anglesey 3 weeks ago 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Amazing creatures, they have even been known to assist whalers in exchange for some tasty tongue. ?

didnt know that , how actuality  do they do that ?   if any info or link would like to have a look  at it .  !!

• Like 1