COLLIE X GREYHOUNDS...ENDANGERED SPECIES...

On 7 July 2018 at 21:43, Black neck said:

You reckon a gsd x better then bill

Way better I have plenty experience of both I own a little tiny bitch of alsation X greyhound and she five eights three eiths back to half ,she totally has more of those we fetched and this the thing night after night not needing nights in recovering ,the f1 alsation grey on the whole are superior ask bird he will no doubt tell yas same and he only had one two go by but he had a few collie xes types..the alsation type on the whole has a tougher mental outlook attitude that plus the power and plenty speed on the f1 of bred right.,I know there's lots of mixes of cur types with bull etc ,bug they don't count we talking Hancock stuff. and for what it's worth f1 collie X don't compare simple ,working whippets bred today will do what they do and lots even more.atb bill

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I often read threads concerning collie crosses with a degree of confusion . More to do with the sometimes negative comments that relate to the border collie , and often mention is made of the far supe

After many a wasted trip to see so called collie x greyhound litters I decided to go to Hancocks for a pup, she is entering her 6 season now, and is a credit to my team, she has supplied us with some

I think you are right there Roybo... I shall always keep my own home-bred, watered down Collie hybrids, they suit me for the ground I hunt over, but most lads coming into the game today seem to w

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, billhardy said:

If I was looking for a legal type jukel fa bit feather this that I would consider the whippets or there xs.easier keep  etc etc.and will do the job fine . Atb bill

Ever seen gsd x wi bull terrier lurcher bill

EE Not  thy I can recall black but they would be ok  ,the European breeders do it with the mallinois .a tell yas what they would lamp and general mooching fine  keep them up on the leg.,Buck would be the stud fa a bull xs type if one wants powerful hard biting jukels fa  big things.if one need to retain lots a stamina bull xs on a working alsation line powerful natural  jukels that will have ability  the welps will follow the bitch in general go for it disguise in a jukel his a good thing these days ,fa me tall or  small I like em strong .the alsation will balance the bull breeding out .atb bill

7 hours ago, darbo said:

Not being rude but your dog had what 1/16 beardy in it ? i had a half cross out of remus in the 80s and its temp was spot on. ive seen a fair few border crosses that were headbangers.

No, my dog dog was 1/8th beardie, and that was too much FOR ME!  Honestly mate, seen loads over the years, and the LESS beardie in em the better. Your 1/2 cross beardie/grey might've been a cracking dog, but I'll bet bet a pound to a pinch of shit he was one of the exceptions

14 hours ago, billhardy said:

The better breed has own that Arthur very very soft seen it carrying a front leg ,on a visit still carrying mths later feck all wrong with it just one a those sympathy seeking collie dogs that's cracked on fa attention yes true attention seeker fecking cull .atb bill

I don't rate him the delboy produces animals with no stamina plenty speed  toes went on the bitch my mate fetched finished rehomed by two seasons the Alex when alive he tried with one of his bit better quick away limited stamina and runs got from her, thee are bound two be those already carry greyhound and they sell has three quarter and half xes,that fecking Arthur looks what it his a clown of a collude fecking rubbish ,the beardie stuff seem limited in size on the whole odd males get size bitches small has whippets .they are now facing the lurcher man fa work they fa  the agility folk not workers I can understand breeding hundreds a yr y'all get the odd uns fall in the right way ,bug they not working bred  they breed there own studs from animals off the best in other words they breed from yard studs only ,that Cana be right  surely fa flecks sake. Atb bill

Oh and just forgot the recent claim ta fame form racing at Highgate ,I think that's what they breeding with the threequarters poor greyhounds  I have one offered me two finish off fir a mate the bitch from Alex ,but like I said there was nothing more to work with in the bitch sadly I  reckon she be rehomed picks muscle injuries regular to regular fa me gracious ,etc etc.atb bill

13 hours ago, billhardy said:

Way better I have plenty experience of both I own a little tiny bitch of alsation X greyhound and she five eights three eiths back to half ,she totally has more of those we fetched and this the thing night after night not needing nights in recovering ,the f1 alsation grey on the whole are superior ask bird he will no doubt tell yas same and he only had one two go by but he had a few collie xes types..the alsation type on the whole has a tougher mental outlook attitude that plus the power and plenty speed on the f1 of bred right.,I know there's lots of mixes of cur types with bull etc ,bug they don't count we talking Hancock stuff. and for what it's worth f1 collie X don't compare simple ,working whippets bred today will do what they do and lots even more.atb bill

I normally take a lot of what you say in bill. But you're talking absolute shite here. 

Bird's buck seems a nice dog, but I remember the pics of his dam.  Weak as f**k pasterns, and not the best physically looking gsd bitch that I've seen by a long way. And I like my gsd's, so I do actually know what I'm looking at, and what 'I'd look for. And that bitch WOULDN'T be what I'd be looking for.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, shaaark said:

I normally take a lot of what you say in bill. But you're talking absolute shite here. 

Bird's buck seems a nice dog, but I remember the pics of his dam.  Weak as f**k pasterns, and not the best physically looking gsd bitch that I've seen by a long way. And I like my gsd's, so I do actually know what I'm looking at, and what 'I'd look for. And that bitch WOULDN'T be what I'd ne looking for

Your for it now furgal

• Haha 1

?Beardies and their ilk,...are wonderful working dogs,...but, in my opinion,..if you fancy a raggle-taggle collie type, it pays to secure the services of a strong working type.

Such animals might be found on various holdings,..they are frequently not pure pedigree, .some are more akin to the old style concept of a Drover's dog, ..some look really shabby, nondescript critters,.nevertheless,..you have the luxury of seeing them at their work...

Facts are,..they are usually kept for a reason...?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

?Beardies and their ilk,...are wonderful working dogs,...but, in my opinion,..if you fancy a raggle-taggle collie type, it pays to secure the services of a strong working type.

Such animals might be found on various holdings,..they are frequently not pure pedigree, .some are more akin to the old style concept of a Drover's dog, ..some look really shabby, nondescript critters,.nevertheless,..you have the luxury of seeing them at their work...

Facts are,..they are usually kept for a reason...?

i know someone who has worked Beardies for years and still does. ive had a look at the odd ped he has and the odd border collie pops up now and then in the lines through a 6 gen ped.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, shaaark said:

No, my dog dog was 1/8th beardie, and that was too much FOR ME!  Honestly mate, seen loads over the years, and the LESS beardie in em the better. Your 1/2 cross beardie/grey might've been a cracking dog, but I'll bet bet a pound to a pinch of shit he was one of the exceptions

My mistake and apologies put it down to age ? i had it in my head Taffy was 1/8 instead of a 1/4 beardy. I dont know of my dog being the exception to the rule ive talked to a good number of people who had pups out of the muirhead dog remus and they were pleased. Maybe the original stud richard jones was the root of temperament peculiarities you experienced.. But we wont argue im too long in the tooth and old.We can only express our own opinions and experiences.?

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, shaaark said:

No blacky, not slating bird's dog or gsd x's, but the choice of it's dam could've been a physically better specimen ?

thats fair enough mate, yeh  the dam  pasterns  were down abit true, the reason i liked her  though  was good hips, strong long back , and great temp, we knew  Razz  Buck sire  was very good  mid distance greyhound , and all running dogs  will norm sort out most other defects  in other breeds. 2 vets told this as well, that Buck be more healthy than any pure gsd  . Being honest here now ,  if colliex greys   had the same temp as a gsd x grey , i would have stuck with them , thats not just Bryn , thats all the others ive had over the years, they lack the guts = bottle  of a gsd    fact . i dont think there many breeds as healthy as a collie or kellpie   they had lot to lurcher line , old Bryn still going great at near ll year old  . funny thing is back then  12 years as ago i wanted a collie x grey x pit x gey ,  that give similar temp i think  to gsd x grey , but not many people were breeding this type x bxk then it was either , a pit x grey , or collie x grey , so ended up with Bryn  1 x collie x grey, been great rabbit dog day and night  , but lacked  Buck grit for other  stuff . gsd are not really a healthy breed  in general  , with poor hips  , shoulder probs , but as said the greyhound or the lurcher norm  helps it out, Buck  fast, agile , good wind when fit , and handle bangs/ bumps  easy , and great temp  with people, dogs  , but switches on to his quarry  .   good lamping dog  and done well  in his 6 years .

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, bird said:

thats fair enough mate, yeh  the dam  pasterns  were down abit true, the reason i liked her  though  was good hips, strong long back , and great temp, we knew  Razz  Buck sire  was very good  mid distance greyhound , and all running dogs  will norm sort out most other defects  in other breeds. 2 vets told this as well, that Buck be more healthy than any pure gsd  . Being honest here now ,  if colliex greys   had the same temp as a gsd x grey , i would have stuck with them , thats not just Bryn , thats all the others ive had over the years, they lack the guts = bottle  of a gsd    fact . i dont think there many breeds as healthy as a collie or kellpie   they had lot to lurcher line , old Bryn still going great at near ll year old  . funny thing is back then  12 years as ago i wanted a collie x grey x pit x gey ,  that give similar temp i think  to gsd x grey , but not many people were breeding this type x bxk then it was either , a pit x grey , or collie x grey , so ended up with Bryn  1 x collie x grey, been great rabbit dog day and night  , but lacked  Buck grit for other  stuff . gsd are not really a healthy breed  in general  , with poor hips  , shoulder probs , but as said the greyhound or the lurcher norm  helps it out, Buck  fast, agile , good wind when fit , and handle bangs/ bumps  easy , and great temp  with people, dogs  , but switches on to his quarry  .   good lamping dog  and done well  in his 6 years .

the working lines of gsd east german and czech dogs especially are healthy strong dogs that have good hips, shoulders, elbows and generally strong fit dogs but jesus they are wired up wrong they fekkin whine on all day for more and more work its just too much, i had to get rid of my fekker my legs couldnt cope with the miles the twat needed.

8 minutes ago, japs eye said:

the working lines of gsd east german and czech dogs especially are healthy strong dogs that have good hips, shoulders, elbows and generally strong fit dogs but jesus they are wired up wrong they fekkin whine on all day for more and more work its just too much, i had to get rid of my fekker my legs couldnt cope with the miles the twat needed.

, yeh ive heard that mate  , there head bangers    lol    . would make  good x to a lurcher though  ,  better i think than a bel mal  , similar  temp suppose ,  but stronger type dog  , Buck very docile  so was his mother  , couldnt live  a head banger     not for me  more so at my age to old for  that crap  now haha  

• Like 3