Line bred Lurchers not long dogs

On 29 June 2018 at 21:56, two crows said:

ten years ago I used opies dander druid I know that spelled wrong but so what, and I rate him as a trainer but that dog sired thousands of pups I am just now starting to bring on a young bitch that I have bred down four generations and I will put her back to my red dog druids son, who I rate above any other cocker I ever saw as a hunting dog his sister is the young bitch grand mother.

Two crows good luck weigh the Druids I never got on wee em strange lot inbred ide say  lol atb bill

• Haha 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a lovely picture of the Red Beddy,..he really does look beautiful. Personally,..we always used related dogs when breeding our lurchers, mostly because it was easier to use the Boy/girl ne

Bruce has been line bred 40 years of breeding in him  another from the same line but had it 30years ago the blue one on the left of the collie type 

Bruce just went.over his mother no long back and his uncle went over his sister to produce these pups 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Black neck said:

These 2 have the same grandsire but both have outcross would be ideal to put together but im not 100 percent happy with the red bitch good bitch but has faults that i cant overlook the black dog however is making summat decent so will put him over summat off this line

20180629_192931.jpg

Genuine question pal if you're bitch isn't in your eyes worth taking a litter from what makes her worth keeping for what could be a lifespan of 12 or more  years if you're not happy with her.

Very good post that katchum and exactly why youll never see me advertising a litter of lurchers even if i did breed. Im pretty confident that somewhere out there theres allways a chancier litter than what i could ever put together myself.

Like yourself ill put up with certain faults or traits but only until something better comes along. And you only find better by pushing and testing until your atleast 90% happy with what ya got there will allways be abit of disappointment in dogs but its worth it when youve got an animal you can trust in for me it is anyway.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Genuine question pal if you're bitch isn't in your eyes worth taking a litter from what makes her worth keeping for what could be a lifespan of 12 or more  years if you're not happy with her.

Well peter the bitch has filled many freezers and tbf she is a good bitch she clever and takes all things but it took her to long to get to that stage she get the job done but theres better about and thats it i bin asked times if this or that dog can go on her but i refused cos i know theres better about basically what wk said 

Ok brother hows your young bitch gerrin not seen her for bit ?

• Like 3
On 30/06/2018 at 03:33, W. Katchum said:

I personally am easily pleased, but also honest Peter, an first question if always ask before I bred a litter was, could I get summat better else where? Cos if ye can answer that honestly as a yes, even tho it’s hard to admit then all other questions are a waste a time? I’m not as fussy as some folk an can live with certain faults or traits but that don’t mean I’d breed off em. Too many folk breed for sentimentality, ye hear of folk talking about breeding before a pups an adult, or folk talking about carrying on the blood, but talking about a scatter bred lurcher?  if we were all honest as could be about our dogs then few litters would be bred but also fewer lurchers in the merry go round an it pounds, cant talk for black neck tho but that’s the reason iv never bred a litter of lurchers, cos deep down I’m honest an know I could easily get as good if got a pup in or even better??

It's not the breeding it's the man that holds the lead I say no more ?

11 hours ago, juckler123 said:

on the pure thread you said if there bred right and in the right hands, on this thread breading don't matter its the man, witch is it, with regard to katchem and blackneck I think there spot on if we breed to better the breed we  will.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
On 04/07/2018 at 20:09, juckler123 said:

Of course the breeding matters or you could catch hares with a yorkie.

Any successful man holding a lead has an appropriately bred dog on the other end, no matter how good he is at training. As a rule the better the breeding the easier the success.

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 4

It dont matter what type of working dog, because if you aint striving to improve performance then you should never bother breeding...!

And after that...

The best lurchers are made, as well as born. Every lurcher is only as good as the ammount of quarry thats put infront of it..!!!

Now lets get back on track... Line bred lurchers.... Waddya know???

19 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

It dont matter what type of working dog, because if you aint striving to improve performance then you should never bother breeding...!

And after that...

The best lurchers are made, as well as born. Every lurcher is only as good as the ammount of quarry thats put infront of it..!!!

Now lets get back on track... Line bred lurchers.... Waddya know???

All I know, is that before plummer started writing about 'traditional' collie bred lurchers, practically every lurcher I ever saw was just lurcher bred to lurcher, with the owners just half guessing at what might be in them. Some did have a relation or two in the breeding, but I wouldn't go so far to say it was 'proper' linebreeding, just lurcher to lurcher

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

All I know, is that before plummer started writing about 'traditional' collie bred lurchers, practically every lurcher I ever saw was just lurcher bred to lurcher, with the owners just half guessing at what might be in them. Some did have a relation or two in the breeding, but I wouldn't go so far to say it was 'proper' linebreeding, just lurcher to lurcher

You cant say that shit how we spose mek a few bob