Line bred Lurchers not long dogs

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Bitch I had, not my place to explain the breeding but she was well bred  and tbh a bit too much dog for me an done all I asked of her with ease

2923B4F5-7F9B-49EF-8357-FCE1E3BD3FD1.jpeg.9dfb30c73bf9e14b0e95180192e50431.jpeg

Was the result of 2 tightly bred lines bein put together tho, hopefully the guys an line go from strength to strength ?

An I bet the reason for the mating to take place was as a outcrossing for each line to put back in for each line. Cracking looking dog mate??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a lovely picture of the Red Beddy,..he really does look beautiful. Personally,..we always used related dogs when breeding our lurchers, mostly because it was easier to use the Boy/girl ne

Bruce has been line bred 40 years of breeding in him  another from the same line but had it 30years ago the blue one on the left of the collie type 

Bruce just went.over his mother no long back and his uncle went over his sister to produce these pups 

Posted Images

On 29 June 2018 at 14:20, C.green said:

So a line if dogs bred down but put to an unrelated bitch each time isnt a line of sorts ? 

I know you know a thing or two about breeding bill so genuine qestion ?

Ok breeding to another animal with the same line in the back of there line  a few generations back this helps conformity and the relationship of blood even though further away and not. Imediate to the line ones  taking foreward. Continually out xing  his rinsing the line ,finding say a good out xs that nicks ,one can use that line forever for out ding when needed ,instead. Of different lines even of the same type.they are alien in blood.the chances of producing the traits one requires his like trying fa the Big lotto win ,when ones using a totally different type or breed things become more difficult to fix traits type, one needs to breed back hard to the original line ,but no keep out sing and you just have a type of sorts,when line bred typescript start to fix I type one can see this immediately  the half brother sister bitch both sides can be a good tart in line breeding that being done.breeding to excessively tight can have problems ,but with performanc animals selection fa performance and health his the evolutionary way for man any weaknesses disease coming through cull non performers cull allways to remind ones elf that  I know of the hectic disease ridden kc types thatweget the same could be said of the working dog world drop the out xes in it will hod for generations,my answers to two crows I know your right about tight breeds ,but has you know the greyhound his the epathatic of canines the most healthiest in existence ,except fa maybe African wild Otis ,that breed in and in fa thousands of millennia.why are they still here a type that goes on and on selection evolution  they don't break ranks and disperse two other packs,they are the creation of evolution much in the same ways of our great coursing animals bull xs etc ,atb bill

On 29 June 2018 at 17:58, poxon said:

An I bet the reason for the mating to take place was as a outcrossing for each line to put back in for each line. Cracking looking dog mate??

On 29 June 2018 at 17:58, poxon said:

Look similar if not same  same goes fa bosons ,

image.jpeg

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

No mate it was actually a change of hunting ways that was the reason, both lines still goin without  out crosses ?

Wasn’t it a outcross when they put the 2 lines together? You’ve got me confused or we’re both the lines the same line 

20 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Ok breeding to another animal with the same line in the back of there line  a few generations back this helps conformity and the relationship of blood even though further away and not. Imediate to the line ones  taking foreward. Continually out xing  his rinsing the line ,finding say a good out xs that nicks ,one can use that line forever for out ding when needed ,instead. Of different lines even of the same type.they are alien in blood.the chances of producing the traits one requires his like trying fa the Big lotto win ,when ones using a totally different type or breed things become more difficult to fix traits type, one needs to breed back hard to the original line ,but no keep out sing and you just have a type of sorts,when line bred typescript start to fix I type one can see this immediately  the half brother sister bitch both sides can be a good tart in line breeding that being done.breeding to excessively tight can have problems ,but with performanc animals selection fa performance and health his the evolutionary way for man any weaknesses disease coming through cull non performers cull allways to remind ones elf that  I know of the hectic disease ridden kc types thatweget the same could be said of the working dog world drop the out xes in it will hod for generations,my answers to two crows I know your right about tight breeds ,but has you know the greyhound his the epathatic of canines the most healthiest in existence ,except fa maybe African wild Otis ,that breed in and in fa thousands of millennia.why are they still here a type that goes on and on selection evolution  they don't break ranks and disperse two other packs,they are the creation of evolution much in the same ways of our great coursing animals bull xs etc ,atb bill

Any chance you could remind ones elf to change this into Morse code so I can understand it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Yeah they put 2 lines together an started a diff line but 2 lines that starte it have been kept going aswell an the 3rd won’t be added to em if that makes sense ??

I get ya perfectly now mate good on them best way start another line for a bit further down the road ??????