Line bred Lurchers not long dogs

I see on another post people talking about  line breeding An how it should be done so let’s see some pictures of some of these line bred Lurchers  (Lurchers only) it’d be nice to see some of these dogs these people are talking about 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a lovely picture of the Red Beddy,..he really does look beautiful. Personally,..we always used related dogs when breeding our lurchers, mostly because it was easier to use the Boy/girl ne

Bruce has been line bred 40 years of breeding in him  another from the same line but had it 30years ago the blue one on the left of the collie type 

Bruce just went.over his mother no long back and his uncle went over his sister to produce these pups 

Posted Images

Just now, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Nice post mate, looking forward to this one

Me to mate should be interesting there should be quite a few post I’m guessing buy the amount of input on the subject that was being put in be nice to see there dogs An how long the lines been going An how there bred

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

That is a lovely picture of the Red Beddy,..he really does look beautiful.:clapper:

Personally,..we always used related dogs when breeding our lurchers, mostly because it was easier to use the Boy/girl next door than to travel all over the UK...

I was once a village Boy and nobody I knew had a car...and to us, the Fens, the Moors and the Dales, were as remote as another country.:yes:

So, we played safe,..rarely improved on our cur dogs and were blissfully happy in our ignorance.

When I could get about, I used dogs from all over, bred loads,..won a few, and definitely lost a few...?

Breeding running dogs can often be a lottery...

The main reason I never kept a specific type for 60 years, was due to the amazing variety of jobs and pursuits that were on offer. 

When I went rabbiting on a paid basis,... I needed a dog that could find'em, catch 'em and not act the c*nt,...in front of the customer...?

I settled on my own preferred type of rabbiter,..doubt I'll change now...?

very true that, now we can easily go anywhere in a few hours, no reason not to youse a similar dog doing his job well from the other end of the country, can only improve things.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, C.green said:

I agree with the two posts above but i sometimes ask myswlf why get/use dogs from the other end of the country when surely it makes more sense to use what is successful locally ? 

they les likely to be closely related so widens the gene pool you can then cross back in with less risk of inbreeding, a bit like every one using the same stud sooner or later they all like brothers and sisters, (bit like here in the fens lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2