Any land too hunt on with harris hawk???

hi My name Neil an intend on buying a harris hawk to hunt with,an looking for some ground too hunt on,if you have any pests/vermin on your land,in live in oxford,could travel,but not too far!many thanks speak soon!

45 minutes ago, terryd said:

I would imagine of all the sports to pick up perm fly a bird would be the easiest to get. Knock on few door be fine and good luck

yeh deff , get couple ferrets   or better still go out with sombody who works ferrets  , see how it s done ,  get a bird and  ferret , get it broke to them , then away you go  , you get more  rabbit work like that , than knocking on a door with a lurcher , land owners/ farmers , rather see a bird on there ground  , than any lurcher     deff  .

• Like 1

Wow , yes please , you can have all my permissions .

Good luck, you'll need it .

Get your bike out and start asking locally mate . A good place to start would be to get some beating on shoot days , that sometimes pays off .

On 29/06/2018 at 09:59, bird said:

yeh deff , get couple ferrets   or better still go out with sombody who works ferrets  , see how it s done ,  get a bird and  ferret , get it broke to them , then away you go  , you get more  rabbit work like that , than knocking on a door with a lurcher , land owners/ farmers , rather see a bird on there ground  , than any lurcher     deff  .

cheers bud have u got a hh?what do you hunt with?ive hunted with ferrets n pole cats,great laugh,we netted a 100 hole warren,rabbitts were bolting like bingo balls!it was when i was teenager,an want too pick an interest up instead off listening too pub dribble!An remember the flim KEZ,!when i was younger i learnt 'hunting groups keep their knowledge too their chest,little bit sparkying lol!i think i wont struggle for land or quarry too get,just keeping the mews an couple of cages for the ole pole cats{stinky barstoods,but great hunters}do u think i should do a course or read up?getting a mentor around oxford hard,around here fav saying is loose lips........sink ships!!!!ive just moved tho next too an arable farm planning too knock on his door!!can i get sum advice from you?{thanks for advice so far}