Falcon....but which model is it ???.

Morning chaps

As title really,  I’ve always liked the look of these and they seem to get some good reviews, one’s cropped up not too far away so i’m off to go take a look at it after having a couple of conversations with the owner .

The only info I have is that it’s an early single shot 177  model and has had a shorter cylinder fitted, shot count is around 45-50 from a170 bar fill and that’s about it.

As I understand it Falcon were the sister company of Air Arms before ceasing production and John Bowkett was heavily involved.

Ive looked on google images and there’s loads of different models and variations but  i don’t see anything like this particular one, do any of you more knowledgeable lads have any idea which model it could be from the attached pics and an approximate year of manufacture?. Is there anything i should be looking out for and any questions i should be asking, an idea of a fair price would be helpful too ?.

Any help or info is very much appreciated.

Atb

Steve

812BD972-FF15-46B7-AB78-764761F091C9.png

AA287636-56EB-42B7-BD7F-8BEBC8A1B70D.png

53A9FD84-62C0-42B6-9608-9AC6CBD0411A.png

95EED096-DDE0-46B8-B887-CBE4C20192E3.png

NSP Engineering bought Falcon and Air Arms and they traded from NSP premises in Hailsham.

I believe the model you have is prior to the name change and is therefore a Titan, but their models evolved (as did all manufacturers) and would have been serviced/repaired by Falcon.  Not sure what the spares/parts situation is now but at a guess I'd say not great!

Shame they are no longer with us!

Hi mate

Yes i did, I went for the one in the pics above.!

Thanks for the heads up on the one in the gun shop, lovely looking gun and a good price too but if I’m being totally honest I’m not really a lover of thumbhole stocks.

The one I got is an early model Titan ( possibly a Manitou) and is much better than the pics in the ad, plus I got it at a good price too, I ran it over the combro and it’s giving a consistent 11.4 fpe and spot on accuracy.

I shall stick some photos up later.

Thanks again mate

atb

Steve

1 hour ago, charlie caller said:

You bought it yet lad?

3 hours ago, Steviec said:

Hi mate

Yes i did, I went for the one in the pics above.!

Thanks for the heads up on the one in the gun shop, lovely looking gun and a good price too but if I’m being totally honest I’m not really a lover of thumbhole stocks.

The one I got is an early model Titan ( possibly a Manitou) and is much better than the pics in the ad, plus I got it at a good price too, I ran it over the combro and it’s giving a consistent 11.4 fpe and spot on accuracy.

I shall stick some photos up later.

Thanks again mate

atb

Steve

The one in the pic above IS a thumbhole stock, they just opened up the hole at the top.

ATB! :D:thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Deker said:

The one in the pic above IS a thumbhole stock, they just opened up the hole at the top.

ATB! :D:thumbs:

Deker, yes it’s obvious now I look at it , also confirmed by the fact that the cocking mechanism would foul the stock had it been left as a full thumbhole stock?

Cheers

E703D621-4C0F-4716-86F1-A4384C8F63FB.jpeg

Whilst this is a Skeleton and Thumbhole and Falcon, you we see the similarity in the thumb hole stock, you will also notice what Falcon do to stop any fouling of the bolt/cocking mechanism! :thumbs:

Imgp2401xr.thumb.jpg.7bf1a422bf68b56f5c8fbe099f3f2cf1.jpg

Yours is simply a right handed thumbhole without the joining timber at the top!  :thumbs:

Edited by Deker
2 hours ago, Deker said:

Whilst this is a Skeleton and Thumbhole and Falcon, you we see the similarity in the thumb hole stock, you will also notice what they do to stop any fouling of the bolt/mechanism! :thumbs:

Imgp2401xr.thumb.jpg.7bf1a422bf68b56f5c8fbe099f3f2cf1.jpg

Yours is simply a right handed thumbhole without the joining timber at the top!  :thumbs:

That’s a nice looking piece Deker, is that the one that you used for that epic squirrel bashing some time back??

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

That’s a nice looking piece Deker, is that the one that you used for that epic squirrel bashing some time back??

:thumbs: The very one, edited out of one of the pics, a few tails visible at top.

• Like 1