Good morning from our mountain camp

10 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I know... I was so worried I'd come face to face with a stickleback, i just grabbed the kid and legged it out of the drink ?

Temp has just hit 28ish so gonna take a swim, pack up and hike out. Lazy lazy day in a very beautiful place ?

@greyman well done Mate, I didn't even think just went straight in. My mate was asking about my mobile afterwards, luckily it was in my bag ? plus there was no risk to me apart from before mentioned marauding perch and sticklebacks ?

When I was a kid a school mate was drowned in about 5ft of water when the person he tried to save pulled him under with him and drowned them both, always a risk in water mate even if it is only predatory fish ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh I didn't think twice.... I stopped nailing the mum, threw my mobile out of my pocket and jumped right in ? Jokes aside it really shook my head up. I was shaking for an hour or two afterwards.

You showed some bottle mate.. Lucky a perch didnt take you. 

AGood morning ?   Headed into the mountains yesterday with Dickhead, a mate and his even bigger dickhead...... I also saved a child from drowning in the lake last night ?

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mushroom said:

I know... I was so worried I'd come face to face with a stickleback, i just grabbed the kid and legged it out of the drink ?

Temp has just hit 28ish so gonna take a swim, pack up and hike out. Lazy lazy day in a very beautiful place ?

@greyman well done Mate, I didn't even think just went straight in. My mate was asking about my mobile afterwards, luckily it was in my bag ? plus there was no risk to me apart from before mentioned marauding perch and sticklebacks ?

Seriously good man ?

Well done mushy ,you have every right to feel good about yourself ,good lad .

just to say lads ,you come across a house fire and you want to help ,the worst thing to do is kick the front door in ,.

Sounds cliche but it was nothing lads. Really, just a bit of a shock for the kid and me... luckily. The mother didn't seem phased at all ?

I have a couple of vids and pics I'll upload as I can ;)

2 hours ago, Astanley said:

just to say lads ,you come across a house fire and you want to help ,the worst thing to do is kick the front door in ,.

download (1).jpeg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

I suppose that's one of them that sounds good in theory but in reality how else would you get in?

28 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Sounds cliche but it was nothing lads. Really, just a bit of a shock for the kid and me... luckily. The mother didn't seem phased at all ?

I have a couple of vids and pics I'll upload as I can ;)

You recorded the poor f****r drowning?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

That's good because I done what I thought was a rather impressive tuck and roll through the living room window, they had put a frying pan on full of fat with a plastic spatula left in it then forgot they were cooking dinner and took a seat in the sun, totally oblivious to all the smoke billowing out, 

2 minutes ago, dave88 said:

You recorded the poor f****r drowning?

No the mother did and whatsapped it to me ? the slow mo of me in my dirty mountain shorts, shirtless, hairy nipples out, all masculine and sweaty, running in to save the child is nothing short of an Oscar winner ?

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

I suppose that's one of them that sounds good in theory but in reality how else would you get in?

It's not really a theory mate ,it's a fact ....the best thing to do would be look for ladders or something tha t would enable escape ,something soft for people to land on ,a water source ,...climb in in a window if you must .....but don't ever kick the front door in unless you are behind a substantial water source .

3 minutes ago, Astanley said:

It's not really a theory mate ,it's a fact ....the best thing to do would be look for ladders or something tha t would enable escape ,something soft for people to land on ,a water source ,...climb in in a window if you must .....but don't ever kick the front door in unless you are behind a substantial water source .

I learnt this in 1989.... Backdraft ?