Poults are here get your arse in gear

Unsubtle text message from the shoot capt last week ,get em and do it quickly the poults have arrived ,Fox ,stoat or polecat get rid asap .Trouble was muggins was off with the family drinking wine ,eating cheese and taking a few rays.So on the return Monday thinks i,l get up  there about 9pm be nice and cool ,wrong sooo wrong .

Gear on and goes and sits in my favourite bush for an hour no sign of anything bunny fox or otherwise till a solitary Partridge decides to strut his thing and then legs it .Curious methinks so slowly <very in the heat > walks the field boundry to see whats happening and clocks her through the gate .The one half of a pair ive been watching for 2 weeks ,well she,s done it now crossed to our side from  the stables where she was safe.

Not a care in the world as she cavourts and scratches her butt towards me but being fully Ghillie suited and behind the gate post invisible to her as she broadsides a quick whistle stops her in her tracks and pop off goes the CCI seg in .22l/r.Hearing that reasuring thwack down she goes.

Not the biggest vixen in the world but it,s less cubs for next season and more birds for this atb 

20180625_221834 (5).jpg

• Like 4

Nice work, one less to worry about, the years just seem to fly by now, I’m sure I can remember a time when I had nothing to do over the summer apart form drink beer and enjoy the good weather  or maybe I just had more time before my lovely wife came along