First cross Beddy Whippet

On 18/12/2020 at 15:57, shaaark said:

Been thinking about the nose on beddies for a while. I'm speculating here, as no-one really seems to know, could the nose come from some type of spanish, italian or whatever, water dog?  Lagotto romagnolo, portuguese water dog etc. Beddies look very similar to some of these types, and are good in water, good nose, similar type coats. 

And the types I mean were the ones before the KC breeding ruined them.

Maybe from its otter hound ancestors 

• Like 1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

putting her to a good Whippet, to get a three quarter pup for myself. 

not the best of pics sorry,bit hot out there for her with that coat lol

mines 13 months.marking at 9 months old.only caught 2 daytime rabbits so far.got her for ferreting & daytime mooching.this will be her first season come September. 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Maybe from its otter hound ancestors 

Could well be mate. I just find it more than interesting that beddies, and the breeds I mentioned, are a similar size, have similar coats, are good in water, and have great noses.

I know otterhounds have some of those characteristics, but they are much bigger, and 3 times the weight of a beddy, but the other breeds are all very similar in size, coat, colour etc to beddies.

I might be way off the mark, but it's an interesting theory. ?

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Could well be mate. I just find it more than interesting that beddies, and the breeds I mentioned, are a similar size, have similar coats, are good in water, and have great noses.

I know otterhounds have some of those characteristics, but they are much bigger, and 3 times the weight of a beddy, but the other breeds are all very similar in size, coat, colour etc to beddies.

I might be way off the mark, but it's an interesting theory. ?

All the lurchers when I started out were all whippetey /collie types and were all used for rabbits/ rats and there were some handy dogs amongst them , the lurchers started getting bigger with the new lamping craze I came into beddys by being gifted a half x beddy/grey 6 month old bitch by a lad leaveingthe country I was so impressed with its nose and drive i been smitten since even switched from Russell’s which I still think are the smartest and easiest entered terrier to pure beddy terriers so is it just a individual thing as I’ve seen good and bad lurcher and terriers a of all crosses , but one thing with beddys they don’t fecking sulk or bear a grudge ?

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...