First cross Beddy Whippet

1 hour ago, gnipper said:

If the rabbits ever recover round here I think I'll try a 3/4 or a beddy whippet greyhound.

that will be my next dog. 3/4 bred.hopefully breed my own.seeing she is only a year old it's a few years away. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

putting her to a good Whippet, to get a three quarter pup for myself. 

not the best of pics sorry,bit hot out there for her with that coat lol

mines 13 months.marking at 9 months old.only caught 2 daytime rabbits so far.got her for ferreting & daytime mooching.this will be her first season come September. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, nothernlite said:

About 22 tts I think 

I’ve only started owning Lurchers for the past two year so don’t think this is a stupid question but I’m just curious. If I have a Beddy whippet and a Beddy grey both are first cross and the same size would one be better than the other for example stamina or any other attribute? 

8 minutes ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

I’ve only started owning Lurchers for the past two year so don’t think this is a stupid question but I’m just curious. If I have a Beddy whippet and a Beddy grey both are first cross and the same size would one be better than the other for example stamina or any other attribute? 

i have a beddyx whippet grey and to be honest a wish it didnt have whippet in making the bone finer rather a straight first cross just more durable oh but boy shes fast as! 

5 minutes ago, pot hunter said:

i have a beddyx whippet grey and to be honest a wish it didnt have whippet in making the bone finer rather a straight first cross just more durable oh but boy shes fast as! 

Yea that’s what I’m seeing a lot on here. How tall is yours tts? I only ask as I have a first cross Beddy Whippet pup he’s just short of 21 tts at 11 months and I know some people on here with Beddy greys the same size just wondered if mine coming from a whippet rather than a grey would leave him to any kind of advantage/disadvantage given his size. Was just curious like. Keen to know what people’s thoughts were.

Edited by Who let the dogs out!
Spelling
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

Yea that’s what I’m seeing a lot on here. How tall is yours tts? I only ask as I have a first cross Beddy Whippet pup he’s just short of 21 tts at 11 months and I know some people on here with Beddy greys the same size just wondered if mine coming from a whippet rather than a grey would leave him to any kind of advantage/disadvantage given his size. Was just curious like. Keen to know what people’s thoughts were.

first cross bedlington greyhound for me just a more durable frame so tougher agree what was said earlier about whippet blood rather greyhound blood tbh 

12 minutes ago, pot hunter said:

first cross bedlington greyhound for me just a more durable frame so tougher agree what was said earlier about whippet blood rather greyhound blood tbh 

problem is they are as rare as rocking horse shit

1 hour ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

Think it just depends on the dogs themself I've a 2nd cross beddy whippet can work all day plus I've a beddy greyhound 3/8 beddie it can also work all day 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Think it just depends on the dogs themself I've a 2nd cross beddy whippet can work all day plus I've a beddy greyhound 3/8 beddie it can also work all day 

think the calibre of bedlington used in the mix is way more crucial than the percentage breakdown of grey or whippet in the mix n 20yrs ago they were much more common than now 

I Like all beddy  types he's a few old pics from years ago they all very good grafters then but I think finding working lines etc easier then than now due to breeders jumping on bandwagon to make dollar of folk now the Internet the place to search for pup not much spadework to be done other than click a few buttons etc 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg