First cross Beddy Whippet

Has anyone had experience using the first cross Beddy Whippet. Me and my father in law got one each out the same litter. Both just turned 11 months. He has the bitch which is really light and quick off the mark, really agile. Mine is the dog at 20 TTS and abit heavier. Must admit I do really like how the bitch runs compared to mine it’s really found its feet and handles itself well. Hope mine finds that sprinting power soon, fingers crossed. Anyone else had experience using either dog or bitch of the first cross?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

putting her to a good Whippet, to get a three quarter pup for myself. 

not the best of pics sorry,bit hot out there for her with that coat lol

mines 13 months.marking at 9 months old.only caught 2 daytime rabbits so far.got her for ferreting & daytime mooching.this will be her first season come September. 

Posted Images

I’ve a first cross bedlington x whippet she’s 10yrs old now she was never a good lamp bitch she made 17tts lol but a handy bushing an ferreting bitch but I’d can’t say I’d ever own another one again not even if some one gave me one being truthful as your so restricted plus on my land there just lacking pace I found them slow as hell plus everyone is at the peddling game of this cross it’s hard to find decent stuff I find the odds are more stacked against you than a f1 bedlington x greyhound At producing a dog with better chances of being half decent 

07ABFC9D-499E-4F00-9164-C3E5F4F3100D.jpeg

• Like 4
1 minute ago, poxon said:

I’ve a first cross bedlington x whippet she’s 10yrs old now she was never a good lamp bitch she made 17tts lol but a handy bushing an ferreting bitch but I’d can’t say I’d ever own another one again not even if some one gave me one being truthful as your so restricted plus on my land there just lacking pace I found them slow as hell plus everyone is at the peddling game of this cross it’s hard to find decent stuff I find the odds are more stacked against you than a f1 bedlington x greyhound At producing a dog with better chances of being half decent 

07ABFC9D-499E-4F00-9164-C3E5F4F3100D.jpeg

mine suits for me as i longnet rather than lamp.you are so right about the peddling.it took me ages to find what call a proper one.most litters i wouldn't look at.

I’ve seen and worked on many occasion a pair of beddy whippets that Punched well above there weight both together and single handed on numerous occasions. I was very impressed with what they done both day and night they were only 18 & 19 inches. I think they are a good little dogs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, fred90 said:

mine suits for me as i longnet rather than lamp.you are so right about the peddling.it took me ages to find what call a proper one.most litters i wouldn't look at.

It’s very hit an miss type cross at the minute with people breeding for money an breeding from second rate dogs to do the cross for the coin. A family member used to use have 2 foxing bedlington x whippets they couldn’t of been no more than 18-19tts both single handed an regular takers of fox before the ban they were both quick killers of fox I think that’s what made me get one as I thought they were the dogs bollox an I couldn’t go wrong with this cross but I got the short straw 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

Has anyone had experience using the first cross Beddy Whippet. Me and my father in law got one each out the same litter. Both just turned 11 months. He has the bitch which is really light and quick off the mark, really agile. Mine is the dog at 20 TTS and abit heavier. Must admit I do really like how the bitch runs compared to mine it’s really found its feet and handles itself well. Hope mine finds that sprinting power soon, fingers crossed. Anyone else had experience using either dog or bitch of the first cross?

Dogs usually take a little longer to mature an find there feet I’d bet your dog turns out the better dog being that little more thick set built an not a bad size bet once you start them working if your running the beam regularly your dog will hold up best for a nights lamping 

• Like 1

Well I suppose I can only put the work in and see how he ends up. Fingers crossed. It was a last minute but to be honest as we originally went to pick one up for my father in law and once we seen the puppies we grabbed one aswel, as ya do! If I picked one again I would probably go for the 3/4 Whippet as a lot of people on here say they are quicker which makes sense really. Is what it is will see what he’s like once winter hits. Wishing the sun away already hahaha

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, poxon said:

Dogs usually take a little longer to mature an find there feet I’d bet your dog turns out the better dog being that little more thick set built an not a bad size bet once you start them working if your running the beam regularly your dog will hold up best for a nights lamping 

Well I’m not gonna lie, that’s exactly what I’m hoping for. He is a bigger dog than the bitch and better built so just hope he ends up as good on his feet as the bitch is because she is really good to watch running about. We have some peat fields near me and she looks like a dirt bike when she turns kicking up all the dirt and keeping her peddle to the metal until she gets grip with her head going for it hahaha good little dog she is. 

• Like 2

Little shit I had used to go to ground if he could , never a lamp dog but great for mooching about took  fur and feather and sometimes the postman lol

certainly a little dog with a big heart 

• Like 1