• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for every like i get im going to drink a beer

Lot less bitching on Facebook haha! There marriages broke up folk murdered the list is endless.its a site for nosey c**ts and shit stirrers and attention seekers

You're a like-whore, don't give it away so cheap. 

Just now, scothunter said:

Lot less bitching on Facebook haha!

There marriages broke up folk murdered the list is endless.its a site for nosey c**ts and shit stirrers and attention seekers

Fb is just a big window for all the nosey cnuts to look out.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, John d said:

For those who don’t use Facebook I’d say your missing out! If you think this site is interesting then you will be amazed by what’s on Facebook. You only have to have who you choose on there and there will be a group for every single interest you have, including hunting.

also a lot less drama and bitching than on here and you dont get people hiding behind usernames, or people scared to put a photo of themselves online so you know who your talking to instead of scrawny teenagers pretending to be big time gangsters lol

look how many members have left here but are always active on facebook.....forums like this are slowly fading out as it will all move on there in the future

You couldn't pay me enough to go on Facebook, I've seen first hand what it does to people.

Don't think i'm any the wiser maybe 5 or 10 but pesky1972 did 21. Know a little bit more about Facebook and it don't seem to be anything I want to be involved in. Lol.

Cheers Arry

2 minutes ago, John d said:

He says using a site that is linked to facebook lol

John I wouldn't know that, as I said in the starting of this thread, I don't much about forums mate and wether one is linked to another or not. When I was doing family history a friend invited me to join, well I did and straight away a fat guy with a bare chest with a big wooden cross hanging round his neck wanted to be my friend. Dropped it like hot shit right then and there.

Cheers Arry

Not having a dig at anyone, but it always amazes me that the people who think FB is so great are always on THL saying how great FB is, rather than on the FB marvelling at its awesomeness. 

3 hours ago, John d said:

forums like this are slowly fading out as it will all move on there in the future

That is true and when they do my online presence will fade with it. These places are a relic from another time before the fast-paced instant gratification that comes from the likes of FB and Twitter. I have had tried various social media platforms over the years and ironically this relic is the only one that's stood the test of time IMHO. Each to their own though. I'm not completely ignorant of how online activity is a trade of security and privacy but I equally disapprove of platforms that limit basic rights whilst simultaneously selling my data to marketing companies. THL may the Jurassic Park equivalent of social media but at least here you can say your piece without a squad of SJW's campaigning to have you hung drawn and quartered for thinking differently. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's bad and if was genuinely to go the way of the dodo it wouldn't have lasted as long as it has. It still has a place. For now.

8 minutes ago, John d said:

The bad sides.....nothing as I have nothing to hide and only post stuff on there that I don't mind people knowing.

One thing that keeps me on THL is that I have to access it via a computer. I don't have a mobile phone so I can disconnect for a chunk of time. I reconnect when it's convenient and I don't have to wade through everyone's invites to whatever the latest click, click, swipe game is. I like that time lapse ability and I said above when it goes I'll go with it. I don't have anything to hide either but if I've reached the point where I can't do it on my terms then they'll have to get in touch the old fashioned way by tying a message around the leg of a pigeon. Do that and you have my full attention. :laugh:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, John d said:

Phones these days have the capacity to have two pages open at the same time lol 

Your a moderator of a site thats got its own facebook group are you not?

I have no idea. :duh:

23 minutes ago, John d said:

@Arry seriously though just give it a go and I'm sure you will find it a not that bad......it's literally what you make it imo and as I said above for a small business it's really handy to get your name about and people tagging you (like I have done to you here if you don't know what that means lol) in posts from people looking for what you do. But as always it's each to their own ?

John no offence I think i'll keep this the way they are mate. This is enough for me.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
1 hour ago, John d said:

50 likes for my new Mercedes tipper wasn’t bad :D

7ACFB8DF-F3CC-42B4-8E2C-C192B1D05DE3.jpeg

I,d be frightened to put anything on that its better than any car I,ve owned, smiley transits with ply wood greedy boards or iveco,s with hiabs for proper tatters, that thing will cost more than it earns, nice van though ?

• Haha 2