I know it’s been done to death but the price on pups these days is scandalous! Iv got two terriers here at the moment both gifted I gave the one lad money for a drink the other wouldn’t take anything off me ! Proper dog men same if I ever bred a litter they would be free see so many for sale posts on Facebook all saying off great workers but seem to have the full litter for sale crazy ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really cant see how many times this subject needs discussing on here.If someone is selling a pup and you're happy to pay the price then buy it.If you're not happy to pay the price dont pay it and wa

My Lurcher bitch needed a c section cost me almost £1400 for 3 pups.... 3 weeks later the 1 pup was ill went to vets, they kept it alive for a week it died charged me £300 for the privilege lol, I gif

Neil that's a sweeping statement to make that lurcher lads churn out pups and give them to any fukcer but terrier men don't ... there pricks and chancers all through the dog game from the KC brigade t

Posted Images

JMHO but terriermen seem to be the only doggy folk who debate the selling of pups, and that might say a lot for us.

The lurcher brigade churn them out and with a bit of luck their pup wont see 5 homes by the time it's 2 years old. The K.C. can double that. They have nothing to be proud off.

But terriermen do often seem to take pride in placing their pups in good hands where they might get good feed back on their progress thus giving the breeder more info on how his breeding is going. Obviously we have our puppy peddlers but after a year or two of them churning out their curs they don't be long becoming a laughing stock. Although the novices to our sport don't see it and do leave a few quid with the chancers. 

The truth is that well bred litters bred by lads who are genuine get snapped up by the breeders mates and what sort of f****r charges a mate for a pup ??????????? But every now and then good pups do actually come on the market .

As for price ????? Well IMO if the Border of today is making £550 a pup and Plummers are making £300 a pup then a good well bred black one or well bred Russell should have a price tag of £2000. And I mean that.

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

I know it’s been done to death but the price on pups these days is scandalous! Iv got two terriers here at the moment both gifted I gave the one lad money for a drink the other wouldn’t take anything off me ! Proper dog men same if I ever bred a litter they would be free see so many for sale posts on Facebook all saying off great workers but seem to have the full litter for sale crazy ! 

Things are not always so Hunky Dory, i know of lads with good Terriers yet don't really have a pot to piss in. If the quality is there I'm not going to begrudge them making a few quid off some dogs he's bred and cared for himself.

Edited by Kerny92
  • Like 5
53 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

JMHO but terriermen seem to be the only doggy folk who debate the selling of pups, and that might say a lot for us.

The lurcher brigade churn them out and with a bit of luck their pup wont see 5 homes by the time it's 2 years old. The K.C. can double that. They have nothing to be proud off.

But terriermen do often seem to take pride in placing their pups in good hands where they might get good feed back on their progress thus giving the breeder more info on how his breeding is going. Obviously we have our puppy peddlers but after a year or two of them churning out their curs they don't be long becoming a laughing stock. Although the novices to our sport don't see it and do leave a few quid with the chancers. 

The truth is that well bred litters bred by lads who are genuine get snapped up by the breeders mates and what sort of f****r charges a mate for a pup ??????????? But every now and then good pups do actually come on the market .

As for price ????? Well IMO if the Border of today is making £550 a pup and Plummers are making £300 a pup then a good well bred black one or well bred Russell should have a price tag of £2000. And I mean that.

Neil that's a sweeping statement to make that lurcher lads churn out pups and give them to any fukcer but terrier men don't ... there pricks and chancers all through the dog game from the KC brigade to working dogs to racing greyhounds ... it's nothing to do with breed ....... 

• Like 12
15 minutes ago, task said:

If you have to buy a pup chances are it won't be any good all the genuine boys i know give them free with conditions if it dont work do the right thing and if you get rid it comes back

I don't necessarily agree with that, a dog can't be judged on whether it was a gift or not. Like i said some men have little else but dogs, who is anybody to say they are shite just because he has sold his pups? 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, neil cooney said:

There's been 4/5 threads in the terrier section lately of dodgy men,snakes,grasses and liars and pups.genuine lads.???

what aload of bullshit you've just put.

By the way i don't breed either or sell my rejects.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

There's been 4/5 threads in the terrier section lately of dodgy men,snakes,grasses and liars and pups.genuine lads.???

what aload of bullshit you've just put.

By the way i don't breed either or sell my rejects.

Hey ginger I see you are also a little stressed just like shaaark. Right I've got 1 colouring book left I will post it to you for free. then you can spend the long summer busy with your new book.i will even throw in some crayons for you.

And there's a fair chance that it will be the closest you've ever been to 1.

Screenshot_20180603-104225.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We always bought a terrier pup or sold them for £100 always to the lads we knew or bought off the lads we knew never advertised or bred for sake of it just for our own needs.the charge was more a token gesture to help with the costs and always feel better for paying abit of sumat  but the prices on some dogs are ridiculous if you cross any dog give it a feck in stupid name like a pugadoo  £1500

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Oh my god your having to recycle jokes that aint even good.

How did you recieve so many c**t books.1 for each family member.?

There were 16 that your mother dropped into the charity shop the 1s you had every Xmas .im surprised you never coloured any of them in.

You ungrateful fecker I was only offering you 1 back.

1 minute ago, king said:

There were 16 that your mother dropped into the charity shop.im surprised you never coloured any of them in.

You ungrateful fecker I was only offering you 1 back.

Now you seem a little stressed..maybe you should keep them til winter when the showing season finishes.it'll give you something to do when it's dark and windy outside.

Wow so if you get a dog for free its a worker and if you pay for a dog it's crap? That's about the dumbest thing ive ever heard! And over the last couple years being on here ive seen some of you so called hard dog men selling one! If i don't know you why should i give you a free dog when i wouldn't even give you the sweat off my balls for free. So im supposed to raise that pup give it shots, dock the tail and maybe dews and feed it and socialize it then give it to someone for nothing. Sorry if your not a friend or faimly memeber your not taking my pup for free. And if i know my dog's are coming off of good honest workers ill pay for it rather then take it for free and be in debt latter in life with the breeder.  and  for the ones that say they will gift there dog's let me know what you got maybe I'll take it.?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1