Sthil ms250 chainsaw

9 minutes ago, Meece said:

It all depends on the fuel that you get. Older saws have bigger jets and adjuster screws to regulate the mix. More modern saws dont have adjusters because of emision regulations. I am a gold cert Husq tech and have come across many weird ideas of what people think is right. if you havent had running issues youve been lucky. There are even different grades of fuel hose. Some types of hose will only tolerate certain levels of ethanol. Still if it works great but be aware of the issues. Repairs can soon get very expensive.

Can you get ethanol free fuel in Blighty?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Golden rule. Never lend out chainsaws to ANYONE.  They always come back FKD! Quote ..... Send it for a service should solve starting problems, if chains adjusted right and it’s still throwin

I'm in the mountains above the Mojave desert. We have a desert climate but I live next to Dixie National Forest and all of my winter heating is cedar and douglas fir. I go south an hour and it's all c

hi bud, there should be high-low adjusters there along with tick over, get yourself a small electrical screw driver and wind the high and low clockwise to close them off, then wind each one back one a

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, John d said:

Yes mate stihl make their own (motomix) and can leave it in your machine for up to 5 years! It’s expensive to run on it full time though so most people I know use it on the last fill up of the day so the saw should be good to go straight away next time you use it

I can get it straight from the petrol station here but it's 25¢ a gallon more expensive than regular fuel. I've seen their pre-mixed in the local farm store but I've never tried it.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Can you get ethanol free fuel in Blighty?

All General petrol from the forecourt of a garage has an ethanol content between 10 to 15%. This is all tied up with blends of other chemicals to control emissions and fuel efficiency.  Joe public just goes to the pump and fills up. He hasn't got a  clue about what he is getting. There are two ethanol free distillate fuel available. Although not from a pump as far as I am aware. These are stihl motomix and Aspen. Both are in the region of £20  for 5 ltr. as opposed to about £6 for pump unleaded These fuels are expensive but they don't go off, are more powerful and don't cause damAge to the rubber parts of a fuel systém.

• Thanks 1
On 25/06/2018 at 13:16, ChrisJones said:

Summer gets a little dicey as we're in fire season but it's quiet. This is the timber we're in.

I should've kept my f*ck*n mouth shut!

This is the view from the end of the street which is less a 100ft from where I'm sat.

WVF.jpg.9a97576daf8bb5871b41e6bf5e06888c.jpg

That's about 15 miles away. :icon_eek:

Looks like this in the evening. Picture taken from the same spot...

WVF1.jpg.e17baa5f3d4b8fbccda5f7cafb6b5639.jpg

We were poised to evacuate but it's now burning away from us into the forest. Last I heard it was pushing 10,000 acres. All the hoses are set up ready but I've been using the Stihl brush cutter more than the saw.

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcukin Hell Chris, that’s a dodgy situation pal ?

I've been offline all week getting a bug out prepped but it looks like we're safe for now. We've not even had the lighting yet either so this is just the start. :no:

It turns out the fire was started by a campfire that wasn't extinguished properly. Combine that with triple-digit heat. Single digit humidity. 50-60mph wind gusts and a winter where we've seen 40% of the normal precipitation... :no:

This is one thing that cannot get my head around at all. A f*ck*ng campfire in June in the Mojave F*ck*ng Desert... Yanks will build campfires at any time in any weather and you have to question the mentality of someone who thought that building a fire in the backwoods was a legit response.

There are over 400 personnel on the ground with all the ground and air support you'd expect from the FS and BLM's bravest. Hopefully, they can get it under control as it's threatening structures as it blows northeast.

3 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Having similar but on a smaller scale here on Saddleworth moor, on the Lancs/York's border there's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Cheers, D.

I've had a read of that one. It sounds pretty rough. My mam and dad still live in Manchester so we're all getting regular updates of the respective situations. To be honest I think that peat fire is going to be harder to tackle in the long run.

Edited by ChrisJones
Typo
  • Like 1