Spring Rifle Hunting.

Lads, I`ve put a few photos together of the spring rifles I`m hunting with.

My 100`s aren`t seeing much work lately, as the enjoyment and satisfaction I`m getting from the springers is just " pure air gunning"

HW97K. .177

IMG_1078.thumb.JPG.121062d864bcbfcdf351ccc2fbd729ec.JPG

Pro Sport. .177

IMG_1058.thumb.JPG.1e1775e4f7309a95cebaeb1461e424ee.JPG

T Rex 200 HC MK3.  .177

IMG_0997.JPG.58ddce4af6d8d596142677308f9f8ca5.JPG

FWB Sport  ( 41 yrs old)

IMG_0850.JPG.1ef1e491b7c5fe1cdaeca2be6b5224ae.JPG

atb  mark

• Like 4

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Springer fetish is getting a bit out of hand there's 22 there, plus the r7 has snuck in somehow?

Lads, I`ve put a few photos together of the spring rifles I`m hunting with.                   My 100`s aren`t seeing much work lately, as the enjoyment and satisfaction I`m getting from the sprin

I have no spring rifles anymore except my Airsporter, mine from new and bought around 1972 I think.    All my others have gone and its PCP now.  That's the way for me, but without doubt newer Springer

Posted Images

Awesome post thank you.

Two of my Fwb sports have now arrived back, actions from blueing by Colin maloy, stocks from Nathan for restoration.

Got to try three other sports at the BBS bash a couple of weeks ago, each having different tuning done to them. The most pleasant by far to use "for my tastes" was a simple v-mach drop in kit.

So when I get back from hols I will order one and see if it feels the same in mine, if it does I will order another.

4 hours ago, mark williams said:

Nice one MT :good:

Please let me know how your FWB`s fare with the V Mach kits - don`t forget mate.

:signthankspin:

+1?

Cracking stuff and some great guns here.:yes:

Springers can certainly bring results but I struggle to see what would make me buy a new one over a PCP today.  

Just the same, I still have my trusty (and very primitive by todays standards) Airsporter and have no plans to move it on, but it only comes out for nostalgia, not hunting! :thumbs:

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Deker said:

Cracking stuff and some great guns here.:yes:

Springers can certainly bring results but I struggle to see what would make me buy a new one over a PCP today.  

Just the same, I still have my trusty (and very primitive by todays standards) Airsporter and have no plans to move it on, but it only comes out for nostalgia, not hunting! :thumbs:

Same here really. I’ve got a good few spring and gas ram guns but I just use them for fun these days really. With modern pcp’s You’re buying performance and capability in multi shot that a spring rifle can’t do. No matter who’s behind the trigger, a multi shot pcp has superior overall performance. They’re a more advanced tool ?

• Like 1
On 25/06/2018 at 09:33, mole trapper said:

My Springer fetish is getting a bit out of hand there's 22 there, plus the r7 has snuck in somehow?

IMG_20180609_103622.jpg

Some nice rifles there MT

by the way where did you get your cabinet from

and how much was it .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

Cabinet ? Its a walk in gun room ?

I keep trying to turn the spare room into one of those

trouble is ,,,i keep trying to throw my son out so that i can lol?

but he keeps coming back and her indoors lets him back

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 2