Another early morning start

31 minutes ago, si brown said:

yeah.. there not so black and white hw barrels, ive got/had a few same cal hw barrels that would shoot some pellets mint and be like a shotgun pattern in others!!

its a proper pain in the arse when you use loads of different pellets... the amount of times ive been out and thought wtf is going on and realised id picked up the wrong tin is not funny:wallbash:

I was talking to my go to person here on this side of the globe recently about the 77/97's and the individual differences between gun to gun, he gave the example of two 97's received into him from the factory, with successive serial no's, yep one no. apart, he described one as good and the other 80fps slower and shot like crap. [he tunes thousands of Weihrauchs then tests them on a Swiss accuracy device used for Olympic shooting events] 

Following this revelation then set about fixing the problem before putting it on sale in his shop. 

{Check out gunroom Aus, tuning the HW97K, Ian McIntosh} what this guy doesn't know about Weihrauchs.... 

• Like 1

Further to this Ian does pellet tests on all Weihrauchs that he sells, even new non tuned guns get shot over a measured no. of shots to establish preferred ammo for that gun, tuned guns get extensive testing of pellet types, so he provides a tuning service and a pellet test service for tightest groups!.... how many airgun tuners do that! 

In performing the above tests the customer is given a list of the rifles favorite top three pellets, and with HW barrels with successive serial numbers the top three are often different! 

Ian is also keen to help diy tuners like myself and has phoned me here in New Zealand twice, from Australia! to personally answer a couple of tuning queries before the Blue Demon transformation! 

7 minutes ago, Robo9 said:

Further to this Ian does pellet tests on all Weihrauchs that he sells, even new non tuned guns get shot over a measured no. of shots to establish preferred ammo for that gun, tuned guns get extensive testing of pellet types, so he provides a tuning service and a pellet test service for tightest groups!.... how many airgun tuners do that! 

In performing the above tests the customer is given a list of the rifles favorite top three pellets, and with HW barrels with successive serial numbers the top three are often different! 

Ian is also keen to help diy tuners like myself and has phoned me here in New Zealand twice, from Australia! to personally answer a couple of tuning queries before the Blue Demon transformation! 

thats a good bloke who provides that kind of service especially when hes prepared to talk people through home tuning :thumbs:

his walk through is spot on but we all differ slightly  in certain ways when it comes to tuning!

mark and Mitch both get mint groups with the jsb express mine is shite with them but will stack the lighter  Fap's all day long. 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

TOP CLASS ROBO

iv got to get me one of them porta aims lol

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yes you do, ha my 97 shoots like a Lazer on it! love smashing rabbits exactly where I aim just behind the eye..... at 53 m and hitting them consistently! 

• Like 1