My Mrs/daughter's cat that they kept on a farm got killed today on the road . I went to get him to bury him after work and he wasn't knocked up to bad but what struck me was all the fur on his tail was gone. The lady from the farm is adamant it's a goshawk that killed the cat , she's had a bee in her bonnet about goshawks because they take her chickens so Im not convinced . Anybody got any idea as to what might have stripped the fur off the tail.  And no "big cat" pisstaking please 

26 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I would discount the goshawk theory. No way a god would take a cat . Kitten maybe. Sure the cat didn’t have a touch of mange ?

Yeah I doubted the goshawk theory. Seen the cat yesterday and was no mange. Probably got scuffed when it got knocked over 

17 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

My Mrs/daughter's cat that they kept on a farm got killed today on the road . I went to get him to bury him after work and he wasn't knocked up to bad but what struck me was all the fur on his tail was gone. The lady from the farm is adamant it's a goshawk that killed the cat , she's had a bee in her bonnet about goshawks because they take her chickens so Im not convinced . Anybody got any idea as to what might have stripped the fur off the tail.  And no "big cat" pisstaking please 

I,ve found a few rabbits eaten by buzzards and they have a very distinct method, they make a small hole behind the front leg and pull all the internal organs out through it they also leave the rumin bag to one side, after that they go in through the ass end leaving a hollowed out glove puppet type of carcass, would imaging most raptors would go about it similarly I,ll try and dig out a vid if it helps ?

• Like 1

Perhaps someone striped it off with a split stick. À lá fox tail. So if you see a motor with one tied to the fuel filler cap it might be he's filled up at esso and got a tiger in the tank.