Rentokil on BBC rip off Britain.

Guest vin

They quoted one of my customer's 240 plus gin +tonic for a wasp nest. 

Iv no problem with them at all. If they drop their prices I'd find it more difficult to take over their contracts. Let em crack on. 

• Like 1

While i have been trying to talk people out of treating bees, A friend who works for them was told to do every bees nest that came in this year.

I took a new farm on a month ago that was heaving with rats after being on contract with rentokil, took me two weeks to clear. I literally wouldn't pay their lads in buttons.

3 hours ago, vin said:

At the end of the day... the worse they are the better it makes us look. 

Hope you all have a good season on the wasp's chaps!

good luck.

Trouble is the big companies won't look at small scale pesties even though they'd get a better, cheaper service.

Cheers, D.

£460 plus vat for 3 visit domestic rat job, pay up front, turned up once, placed one bait box, never checked drains, never looked for holes, never looked at anything, this is how the robbing bstewards treat a 80yr old woman, when she asked the technician [ a hole ] why they were so expensive he said" it was because they were professionals with the back up of scientists which made them the best.

I went and sorted the problem, 3 visits £120 and pay on completion of work. 

• Like 3

same as all the other chains no matter what trade they are in, once they get big, shareholders dividends and board members pension payments take total priority over quality of service but because they are a big name people will stick with them, some of the stunts they pull put them in the same league as the p***y ripoff merchants but as they pay tax and probably make donations to the political parties they get away with it, motor trade is full of this shit

One of their surveyors phoned me for a job a few weeks back. He is embarrassed about the money they charge. 

This was after we cleared a problem in a pub/ restaurant that they had been trying to clear for 6 weeks. The owner fecked them off, we took the contract. ?

On 23/06/2018 at 11:45, dytkos said:

Trouble is the big companies won't look at small scale pesties even though they'd get a better, cheaper service.

Cheers, D.

True but a lot of national chains want a service that can't be provided by an exclusively local company. Also, pest control is more of an afterthought in most cases. A legal requirement so these companies are easy one-stop phone calls, it's only when you have problems you realise it's false economy.

28 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Council just as bad. Been to one job today they had visited 10 times to bait the loft. Detached house, didn't think to even lift the manhole lid in ten visits. 

My grandad had rats in his garage and shed. The 'ratman' from the council baited it for 4 months with coumatetralyl. Couldn't understand why the problem wouldn't go away. :rolleyes:

When he finally called me we had it sorted with brodifacoum and kness traps by the end of the week. I even gave him the kness traps because he loved how easy they were to use.

Edited by ChrisJones
Typos and Clarity

As others have mentioned let them crack on, frankly I have never known how they get away with it, but they tend to do me favours with their pricing, wasps are commonly the most obvious.

I think they are great , they bring me plenty of work in as everyone knows them and asks them for a price first . They just quoted a job to shoot feral pigeons at £340 per half an hour per man , minimum off two men needed, they said , plus vat .

So 1 hour is £1632 to shoot pigeons , not bad . 

Its 6 mile from me and i got the job, strangely..

• Like 1