New Jimny Model

It's got a very 70s/ 80s look to it. The you tube video makes it look a bit bigger than the present model ;as do some of the publicity shots . Though its hard to tell as it's being fawned over by Japanese chaps who tend to be a bit little.

It certainly looks wider at the back and in the video seems to have narrower tyres than the present model which should save  stress on the front steering joints.

Jimnys have been around long enough to have a couple of known weaknesses that really should have been designed-out by now.

Hopefully the new model will have them sorted.

Trouble is ,it'll be few years before the new ones are old enough for me to afford!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, comanche said:

It's got a very 70s/ 80s look to it. The you tube video makes it look a bit bigger than the present model ;as do some of the publicity shots . Though its hard to tell as it's being fawned over by Japanese chaps who tend to be a bit little.

It certainly looks wider at the back and in the video seems to have narrower tyres than the present model which should save  stress on the front steering joints.

Jimnys have been around long enough to have a couple of known weaknesses that really should have been designed-out by now.

Hopefully the new model will have them sorted.

Trouble is ,it'll be few years before the new ones are old enough for me to afford!

Ditto :)

Cheers, D.

The old jimney is the Morris minor of modern motors, millions  made  and they will be on our roads for years to come, that thing at the top is to spread it's appeal to the USA I would suggest, though they should fit just one seat if it's as small as the old model to accommodate one lard arse and a supersize premium deluxe monster chicken meal with fries and a gallon of extra fizzy double sugar drink 

• Haha 2

I have an old G wagon which I am about to sell - this new Jimny looks very like it except for the bonnet mounted indicator side lights - it will become a classic if, as others have said, Suzuki have made it a bit bigger and dealt with the models current problems. A bit like the evolution of the G wagon. It looks good.

• Like 1