1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

Banging the hours in to earn that though.

Yea you will be doing the hours for a grand.

Great when it's raining though and get the rain off paid 8hrs.

£250 tax free lodge bumps the wage up.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was getting £280 a shift  8 yrs ago shopfitting.....before that £1 a metre pulling telecoms cable and blowing fibre..... 1000 metres a day split 3 ways.... Jacked it as I was sick of not having a li

My 8 Yr old just got top marks in a spelling test at school today ... Worked really hard for it as he has struggled with his reading.... Told him we would treat him for his efforts..... So a Day out a

I was brought up in a slum with nowt,hand me down clothes and suchlike,my dad was a bit of a cnut,i learnt to value money,worked silly hours at times,i do regret not seeing more of my kids when they w

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, king said:

Yea you will be doing the hours for a grand.

Great when it's raining though and get the rain off paid 8hrs.

£250 tax free lodge bumps the wage up.

My brother is a bricky and he's clearing a grand easy in 4 1/2 days atm. In my line of work the money is there but you've got to sacrifice your weekends to earn it.

Edited by Kerny92
1 hour ago, ginger beard said:

I will have to give the tax man a ring but they just talk gobbeldygook to me.

I thought i could go go norway for 3 months earn 14,000 tax free in norway and bring it back no problem.not pay a lump to the british tax man.although i have always payed taxes but it's going to be hard graft with a fair bit of personnal sacrafice.might not be worth it now.

All accomadation and flights are supplied stumfelter.

I was talking to a contract slaughtermsn last month and his mate travels to norway,australia,germany,france slaughtering but never staying long enough in 1 place to be liable to pay tax.

Get an account out there and leave it in Norway for 3 more months ?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

For me a bring home £1100 a week in norway i'm thinking 50 hours monday to friday.

i lad i know works for the pakis during ranadam earns £300/day for 30 days.if you can get the france job it's even more.

Fcuk the Halal meat loving cnuts. Don't fund terrorism pal. ?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

My brother is a bricky and he's clearing a grand easy in 4 1/2 days atm. In my line of work the money is there but you've got to sacrifice your weekends to earn it.

Yea good money to be earned on the trowel.there's houses going up everywhere.2008 onwards though the work dried up a lot for the lads on the tools so nice to see them having plenty of work and earning good coin.

£20+ an hr the more hours the better I think.

9 minutes ago, king said:

Yea good money to be earned on the trowel.there's houses going up everywhere.2008 onwards though the work dried up a lot for the lads on the tools so nice to see them having plenty of work and earning good coin.

Tbh he's never really had a bad year in over 13 years doing the job, obviously some years have been quieter than others but he's always earned good money. He's loving it now 20 minutes away from home and in the house for 4:30. That's not taking into account the private jobs on a weekend.

Edited by Kerny92
1 minute ago, king said:

ive been a subby for about 25 year and its the best ive ever known it but when it goes sh1t its proper sh1t. 

was working in Sheffield when the crash happened the prices dropped by about 60% over night so I fecked building off for a few years and worked in a print works!

when your a subby you chase the money no matter what your trade is... I know I did and worked all over the spot 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, scothunter said:

Phone the tax office mate they will be able to tell you exactly what you can and can't earn. Last thing you need is shit advice and landed with a tax bill when you get home.

I'd have thought if you were paying tax in Norway you wouldn't need to here. But im no accountant mate.

Knew a guy years ago who worked in south Africa he bought diamonds and smuggled them back here and sold them in London lol 

Father in law did same with krugerands

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Tbh he's never really had a bad year in over 13 years doing the job, obviously some years have been quieter than others but he's always earned good money. He's loving it now 20 minutes away from home and in the house for 4:30. That's not taking into account the private jobs on a weekend.

Hes been lucky then having a long run of work like that.

Si brown.totally agree with you if you are keen there's money to be earned.the forks are flat out Aswell.

I've had a fork ticket for years was handy to jump on the sites through winter when the muck shift slowed down. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Banging the hours in to earn that though.

2 hours ago, king said:

Jump on 1 of these listen to the radio all day.and clear a grand a week in the bank.

volvo-find-articulated-hauler-a40g-t4f-walkaround-1000x1000.jpg

Volvo is Swedish ya bam ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Get an account out there and leave it in Norway for 3 more months ?

You'll need to do all the registration things and get a social number before bank account mate, which means he'll probably end up paying Norwegian tax.. plus tax in UK on overseas assets

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

You'll need to do all the registration things and get a social number before bank account mate, which means he'll probably end up paying Norwegian tax.. plus tax in UK on overseas assets

If possible the best way to be paid would be in Bitcoin.

Come home and sell to exchange and transfer fiat to bank.