Gone fishing

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking forward to this on bbc2 tonight, it’s about time we had a fishing program on normal telly, two of the funniest men on the box, one a life long angler and the other one Bob Mortimer the best th

Use to love hooked on fishing with paul.young 

remember when his plane crashed , very lucky man to walk away 

Posted Images

I know what you mean about Martin bowler, Bernard cribbins made that program, I did like Jeremy wades early stuff, the one that sticks in my head is when he was fishing for arapaima in the Amazon  

• Like 1

Not exactly what I was expecting but I did enjoy it, it reminded me a lot of how me and my mate did our fishing, just being there with a good friend, talking about any old sh*t maybe enjoy a beer on a summers evening, I’ll be watching the rest of them just because there’s nothing better on the box

12 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

a passion for angling was tops but I liked paul young and his hooked series as he was mainly a game fisherman

Was that the old guy who is in still game? I used to watch that.

3 hours ago, Stavross said:

I know what you mean about Martin bowler, Bernard cribbins made that program, I did like Jeremy wades early stuff, the one that sticks in my head is when he was fishing for arapaima in the Amazon  

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Yeah that wasn’t long ago, he was very lucky to walk away from that, I’m sure I read somewhere that they also found a castaway when they were filming around Australia 

• Like 2

There's a serious need for some new proper fishing shows, (and that was no angling show last night, even though it was watchable) unless commercial fisheries and hair rigs is your thing. Have to agree Jeremy Wade is good but let's face it, if he was fishing his local canal for Perch he'd say he was there because someone had been swimming there and got pulled under by a mystery fish and then ask have Gudgeon developed a taste for human flesh.

The old ones were the best. Jack Charlton, Chris Yates and John Bailey all showed a slower more laid back approach to fishing without the competitive streak that seems to be a big part of fishing nowadays.

Does anyone remember the legendary Jack Hargreaves gaffing the Pike and then releasing it ????? He'd get death threats nowadays, mostly from other anglers, LOL. Simpler times indeed.

• Like 2

I completely agree with this, all I want to see is a fishing program that shows me how to enjoy it, a bit of water craft and some beautiful surrounding, one of the reasons I moved away from fishing was my mates went down the commercial fisheries route and that’s just not for me, I don’t want to catch gold fish or carp that look like they have been on steroids from a muddy hole in a field 

• Like 1

Thread just reminded me I've got this on the planner to watch.. :good:

Used to be a fair variety of fishing shows on TV, spent many an hour watching the likes of Matt Hayes, John Wilson, Paul Young etc. Rex Hunt was another entertaining presenter I used to enjoy watching. :thumbs: