Gone fishing

Looking forward to this on bbc2 tonight, it’s about time we had a fishing program on normal telly, two of the funniest men on the box, one a life long angler and the other one Bob Mortimer the best thing to come out of Middlesbrough apart from the A66, I hope it brings back some good memories of watching John Wilson and a passion for angling with my dear old dad when I was much younger ?

• Like 9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking forward to this on bbc2 tonight, it’s about time we had a fishing program on normal telly, two of the funniest men on the box, one a life long angler and the other one Bob Mortimer the best th

Use to love hooked on fishing with paul.young 

remember when his plane crashed , very lucky man to walk away 

Posted Images

not a fisherman  my self,  but like to look at all types of out door activity's , both very funny men, and both had ill health regards heart probs, should be good tv .   

• Like 1

I get the impression it’s not all about the fishing and will be a bit more like how they used to do it with the likes of John Wilson, screaming reels and the other one I can’t remember the name of with Martin bowler  and my absolute favourite a passion for angling 

I’ll give a watch. No decent fishing programmes made any more unless you’re into catching gold fish.  

I’m always a sucker for a fishing programme..., a few times I’ve watched Wilson or Hayes ‘wobbling a deadbait’ for pike..., or doing a wee bit of winter barbel fishing and then found myself the next day standing by a remote and windswept barren looking loch, with a sub-zero wind chill and the foam from the huge breaking waves blowing round my feet, wondering just what the fcuk I’m doing there ?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Stavross said:

Looking forward to this on bbc2 tonight, it’s about time we had a fishing program on normal telly, two of the funniest men on the box, one a life long angler and the other one Bob Mortimer the best thing to come out of Middlesbrough apart from the A66, I hope it brings back some good memories of watching John Wilson and a passion for angling with my dear old dad when I was much younger ?

Use to love hooked on fishing with paul.young 

• Like 5

I’d forgotten about that, I loved that, there was another one I used to watch with bob nudd, this lot is going to watch again, it bringing back some lovely memories sitting with my dad on a Sunday evening ?