Cod liver oil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I give mine a 12 week course of sustinan plus decca and then when the season really kicks off i give growth hormone  I have killed up to 3 rabbits using this diet and a rat 

35 p a tin..... My dogs enjoy them?

Better source, that or mackerel. Tins are cheap as chips in Aldi.

Posted Images

When I was a young fella, back in the olden days, I'd read all the greyhound books (there was no lurcher books back then except "Of Pedigree Unknown) and I'd gotten lots of advice. I gave cod liver oil, wheatgerm for vit.E, and a load of other stuff and trimmed most of the fat off their meat when trying to get them fit.

These days I'm not sure all that crap makes a lot of difference. With a good diet they honestly don't need it and overdosing with vitamins can be positively harmful.

Lots of meat fat in their food, oily fish once or twice a week and maybe a slight dusting of seaweed powder on their food and possibly some tinned tomatoes or a little banana if they like it (for potassium) is the right way to go. If you do give any vitamin supplement then give a bit less than it says on the label but natural is the best way to go. Nothing shines their coat better than fatty meat. Nature knows best. It was nature, not drug companies that evolved the wolf and dogs are basically wolves.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

What energy drink do folk give when dog's have had hard runs, iv had a look on line but there loads of different ones, would like to hear what lads are using, atb 

I use stuff called recharge it's good stuff 

1 hour ago, DavoH66 said:

This is it 

IMG_0149.PNG

Thanks mate, I will get some as my Saluki whippet x Bedlington whippet is nearly 8 now and still one of the best rabbiting dog's I've had but I can see he's feeling it after a night lamping but what he lacks in speed he makes up for in experience , plenty of catches by being in right place. Atvb 

• Like 1

"Onions, garlic, chives, and leeks are in the Allium family, and are poisonous to both dogs and cats if the dose is right. Garlic is considered to be about five times as toxic as onions for cats and dogs. ... While minute amounts of these foods in some pets, especially dogs, may be safe, large ingestions can be very toxic." 

Im no expert.

Personally i cant see the benefit of feeding garlic if toxic even in tablet form

Edited by BlackDynamite