Cod liver oil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I give mine a 12 week course of sustinan plus decca and then when the season really kicks off i give growth hormone  I have killed up to 3 rabbits using this diet and a rat 

35 p a tin..... My dogs enjoy them?

Better source, that or mackerel. Tins are cheap as chips in Aldi.

Posted Images

I don’t give cod liver oil I personally think you can over do it giving all these supplements to a all ready balance diet I think if you feed a good variety diet it covers vitamin d mackerel is good 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Better source, that or mackerel. Tins are cheap as chips in Aldi.

yep, when go lamping , i alway  give tin of sardines plus bit of dry meal , as bit of grub in his belly, and some to my old dog as well, as above all oily fish is good for dogs  and quite cheep.

• Like 2
Just now, bird said:

yep, when go lamping , i alway  give tin of sardines plus bit of dry meal , as bit of grub in his belly, and some to my old dog as well, as above all oily fish is good for dogs  and quite cheep.

Always give the runners a small meal of tinned fish before a night on the lamp myself ray..... Was told the tomato sauce is good for stopping cramps? Seems to work as my old bitch would get them after along night out?

20 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I give mine a cod liver oil capsule, half a calcium tab, garlic tab with every meal of raw, cup of good biscuits, they seem to do well on it, keeps the weight on them winter time?DSC_1359.thumb.JPG.332745c53e5e387bc17696adc1f9b12f.JPG

Alright dan what’s the reasoning for giving calcium tabs garlic tabs COD liver oil daily are your dogs deficient or in processing it in normal raw foods that they need regular supply’s of it In tab form genuine question not trying to be clever 

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Alright dan what’s the reasoning for giving calcium tabs garlic tabs COD liver oil daily are your dogs deficient or in processing it in normal raw foods that they need regular supply’s of it In tab form genuine question not trying to be clever 

Ps I also thought garlic was toxic to dogs?

Salmon oil or coconut oil ill give couple times a week if i remember too. Theres sosmething in tinned tomatoes that fights lactic acid build up ive used it myself but only really had trouble with certain dogs that wasnt fit and id overdone it with them. Garlics a good supplement but too much isnt good for dogs. Indont think dogs need supplements if there on a good balanced diet myself its not going to put in what isnt there to begin with.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, poxon said:

Just something I've done for probably 6 yrs or more, supplements cost penny's to be fair, noticed that their coats shine, they not stiff after a hard day/nights graft anymore. My old lurcher bitch was prone to having fits and muscle cramps when run hard, would be fine one minute, then on the floor the next no warning. An old boy suggested giving extra calcium in tablet form.... Started using it and the bitch not done it since?they get raw chicken carcasses, necks, beef ribs, lamb ribs, liver, heart toungue, turkey necks, sardines, mackerel allsorts to be fair..... Eat better than me. ?

• Like 1