Cod liver oil

47 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I think that's wrong in one way, would you perform better without no energy? 

I don't think food in the belly equates to energy though. I always thought a dogs energy comes from fat/fat reserves.

I preform well when I have been eating and training well but on an empty stomach. I wouldn't eat before a match/game.  But in saying that a dog is made up completely different from us so I don't think it is a good comparison. 

I heard a someone say recently...  would you rather be a fat fed lion or a hungry angry lion when heading out hunting... 

I know a few greyhound men who don't feed the day of a race and hounds men who wouldn't feed before hunting. 

Edited by ijf

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I give mine a 12 week course of sustinan plus decca and then when the season really kicks off i give growth hormone  I have killed up to 3 rabbits using this diet and a rat 

35 p a tin..... My dogs enjoy them?

Better source, that or mackerel. Tins are cheap as chips in Aldi.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, ijf said:

I don't think food in the belly equates to energy though. I always thought a dogs energy comes from fat/fat reserves.

I preform well when I have been eating and training well but on an empty stomach. I wouldn't eat before a match/game.  But in saying that a dog is made up completely different from us so I don't think it is a good comparison. 

I heard a someone say recently...  would you rather be a fat fed lion or a hungry angry lion when heading out hunting... 

I know a few greyhound men who don't feed the day of a race and hounds men who wouldn't feed before hunting. 

We are not talking a big meal here, i think a snack would do more good than harm.

59 minutes ago, mud said:

I give iron,calcium,vitamins,cod oil aswell as raw meat/bones fish biscuits threw out the season aswell as couple other little things 

I do the same pal and when am matching a give them a few extra bits as well 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mud said:

Lectade+ after a hards nights running 

[BANNED TEXT] am bang at it I will give them 5ml over there food ever few days of that pro pal and a give them this others stuff 

IMG_0117.PNG

Edited by DavoH66
3 hours ago, ijf said:

Dan what is the benefit of a garlic tab? 

Also, when do you give them a small feed before running? I purposefully don't feed them the day I bring them out. I bring some milk and dioralite in the van when I am out in case it turns into a long night. I always have a big fatty feed waiting for them after but interested to hear your reason for feeding before... or the length of time you take before feeding them. 

When I say a meal before lamping I mean a tin of sardines and a handful of biscuits at say 6 pm when I  feed the terriers.... Off out then around 11:30.......something I've done for over 20 yrs and my mates. I fed my dogs around the same time everyday so they would be low on energy if I didn't give them anything?They get a warm meal in their bellies when I get home around 5/6 then, a tiny garlic tablet helps with fleas and is a natural wormer (I worm my dogs every 6 weeks without fail buy them 100 a time ?) .... Never seen a flea on any of my dogs... Obviously the terriers pick up ticks when travelling earth's so use front line on all the dogs, never had a tick on a lurcher mate?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

When I say a meal before lamping I mean a tin of sardines and a handful of biscuits at say 6 pm when I  feed the terriers.... Off out then around 11:30.......something I've done for over 20 yrs and my mates. I fed my dogs around the same time everyday so they would be low on energy if I didn't give them anything?They get a warm meal in their bellies when I get home around 5/6 then, a tiny garlic tablet helps with fleas and is a natural wormer (I worm my dogs every 6 weeks without fail buy them 100 a time ?) .... Never seen a flea on any of my dogs... Obviously the terriers pick up ticks when travelling earth's so use front line on all the dogs, never had a tick on a lurcher mate?

Sound!

Garlic flushes toxins out of the bloodstream,the toxins are created during excersice should garlic should be given after excersice,,,I remember some top pigeon fanciers using it after visiting Belgium fanciers in the late 70s ,,,,also used honey ,brewers yeast too.